~Chapter 4~

As the final bell of the day rang, I was extremely excited to tell Jesse about Donovan. He'll be so happy!

I gather my things, leave the boring classroom, and make my way to the front entrance of the school. I always wait by the big tree closest to the front gate so Jesse doesn't have to wait that long for me. Also whenever it rains, the tree provides some shelter from pouring cold water. Walking up to the large oak wood, I let out a sigh and lean my back against it. Pulling the ends of my grey long sleeve to cover my hands, I cross my arms and close my eyes for a moment to relax.

"Hey there princess" a voice comes from behind me and I jump in fright. Thankfully I didn't scream too loud, only a small squeak noise came from my mouth. Turning my head to see who it was, I find Donovan was the one who scared me. I put a hand to my heart and let out a breath of relief.

"Y-you scared me!"

He chuckles and rubs my back comfortingly just like earlier today in the library. "I'm sorry Sophie. I thought it'd be funny. I promise not to do it again."

"Pinky promise?" This catches him off guard and I realize how silly it must sound cause the only person who does pinky promises with me is Jesse.

Donovan doesn't look at me like I'm crazy though and instead he smiles. I see him hold out his pinky and I smile back. I connect our fingers and giggle at the sight of his large hand compared to my small one.

"I pinky promise Soph. Anyways what are you doing out here alone? Do you need a ride home?" We drop our pinkys and I shake my head. He goes to stand next to me as I talk.

"I always w-wait for my brother to pick me up in th-this spot. He should be here any minute but thank you for offering m-me a ride."

"Yeah no problem. If you ever need one though just ask." He leans his back on the tree trunk and crosses his arms, taking up the spot I previously claimed. He seems to have a habit of doing that, leaning on things.

"How w-will I know where to find you?" I ask him.

He holds his hand out to me, "I'll give you my number."

Woah, I've never had anyone give me their number. The only people in my contacts are papa and Jay jay. This is a really big deal! I take out my phone from the small pocket of my bag and hand it to him. I don't have a password on it cause I have nothing to hide and it takes too much effort to constantly insert it just to access the stuff inside.

Donovan types for a moment then takes a picture of himself, I'm guessing for the contact. He smiles cheekily revealing his dimples. He saves it and hands it back to me. I put it back into its pocket while looking around to see if Jesse is here but he hasn't arrived yet. I look up at Donovan's caramel eyes for a minute just admiring them. I think I seem creepy cause now he's got an amused expression on his face. I blush and look away. He laughs and runs a hand through his hair.

"D-do you have any n-names for me yet?" I ask him.

Chuckling, he glances at the cars stopping by to pick up students. "Yeah I've got a few." He has a glimmer in his eyes when he looks back at me that make the caramel more honey-like. "Wanna hear them?"

I nod my head vigorously and jump in my spot, giving him a big smile.

"I've got princess, angel, and little flower but I'm not sure if I like the last two. What do you think?" he asks me.

I bite my bottom lip to put on my thinking face. Jesse says I look like a monkey when I do my thinking. I love monkeys so I was really happy when he said that.

"Hmm I l-like princess. N-nobody calls me that." Donovan nods in approval at my choice.

"Princess it is then. What about me?"