~Chapter 10~

Donovan's pov:

When I walked into Sophie's room yesterday I didn't expect to see her so hurt. It killed me to see all those bruises, cuts, and the wrapped ankle on her body as she sat up in her bed. I had never experienced such anger before until she told me it was her shit father who did that to her beautiful body.

I swear to god if he wasn't locked up in a cell right now I'd go over there to kill him for even touching Soph. My initial reaction was to punch a wall but I didn't want to scare her or have to fix the damage I'd make. So instead I changed the subject hoping to rid my mind of violent thoughts. Didn't do much help but at least I refrained myself in front of her the entire time we hung out.

I went home late after carrying her to her room and tucking her in with a kiss to the cheek. She fell asleep on the couch and I didn't want Soph to wake up in an uncomfortable place. As soon as I locked my bedroom door, I went crazy throwing around my things and punched my bed to avoid breaking stuff or waking up my aunt. I didn't need her coming in and talking sense into me. I just needed to release my anger.

Waking up today was rough knowing that I couldn't see my princess until after school let out. Poor thing has to be pushed around in a chair to get places since she can barely walk. Yeah her brother can carry her when I'm not there but it's not exactly practical for most situations. Especially those stairs they have. I damn near tripped going down them when I took her to the living room.

I still can't believe she let me hold her hand the entire night. I honestly thought she'd just blush and gently remove my grasp but she did the opposite. I wonder if she's starting to like me as I do her...

"Aye Don whatcha thinking about over there?" I feel someone nudge my arm and I realize I blanked while talking to my friends. We're sitting at the back table in the cafeteria with shitty school food in front of us. I eat this crap but doesn't mean I like it.

"Sorry it's nothing" I tell Nathan, the one that nudged me. I hear Oliver laugh from across me so I glare at him but when Nate joins him I get frustrated.

 I hear Oliver laugh from across me so I glare at him but when Nate joins him I get frustrated

(Nathan in pic above)

"What?" I almost yell. These fucking guys are always laughing at me for no damn reason like I'm a clown show or something.

"You can't get the girl out of your head, can you?" Oliver mocks me.

"None of your fucking business" I grumble. They laugh again at my expense; how is that funny?!

Once they finally calm down and go back to eating the crap food, I nervously bring her up to them.

"Is it obvious?"

"Yes" the two of them say simultaneously.

"Wha-?" I stop myself cause by the looks on their faces I realize that it's true. It's not like I'm trying to hide anything but I didn't know it was way out in the open. Does Sophie know this too? Is that why she let me hold her hand last night?