~Chapter 41~

"Are you sure you're not mad at me? At least let me make it up to you."

It's five minutes until the next class starts and Donovan took it upon himself to walk me to every period today, though I'm not sure why, but I'm not complaining. Last night after he and Olly got back from whatever discussion they were having, they dropped me off at home and promised to see me first thing in the morning. True to their word, the three of them all carpooled in Nathan's car to pick me up at my house with a box full of donuts for us to share.

Nathan called it the breakfast of champions, which I found funny.

Soon after arriving at school, I remembered that I forgot to apologize to Donnie for the accidental smack I gave him when he tried to wake me up from a nightmare. All day I've been attempting to do so, but he keeps avoiding it and changing the subject which is getting quite frustrating and I'm about ready to ignore him for the rest of the week if he doesn't respond soon.

Hearing him chuckle under his breath at my words, I groan and stop walking so he'd have to turn around and get me. I had been holding onto hand as we made our way to my next class so I wouldn't get lost among the sea of teenagers in the halls.

Noticing my lack of movement, he turns to look back at me with a cheeky smile and grabs my wrist to tug on it so I'd move. Planting my feet firmly, I wiggle my hand to loosen his grip but before I could get out, he pulls me close and wraps his arm around my waist. Now I'm forced to walk with him.

"It's not funny Donovan. I really do feel bad that I hit you and I want you to know that I would never do that intentionally."

Seeing my pout, he gives in and moves us to the side of the hall to avoid getting bumped into. Cupping my face in his large hands and brushing loose strands of hair behind my ear, he makes eye contact.

"Hey c'mere. Look at me, I'm fine. It doesn't hurt and I'm not mad at you, okay? Now stop the pouting or else I'm gonna tickle you right here in front of everyone" he threatens.

Wiping the expression off my face, I remove his hands and hold them in mine. "Will you let me make it up to you please? I don't like this guilty conscious."

Sighing, he lifts one of our joined hands to kiss the inside of my palm. "Alright alright, but only because I know you won't be able to sleep tonight if you keep thinking about this."

Happy that I won this round, a smile makes its way onto my face as i bounce on the balls of my feet. "Okay so what do you want? It can be anything, anything at all. As long as it's legal" I whisper the last part, causing Donnie to roll his eyes.

"How about a date?"

My smile falters, "a what?"

Placing his hands on my waist, he pulls me close and repeats the question. "Princess, would you like to go out on a date with me?"

"Like a real one?"

With a raised brow, he gives me a confused look. "Not sure how I'd take you out on a fake date, but if that's what you want then sure."

I shake my head quickly when I realize that I sound like an idiot. "No no! Sorry, I just um... we've never done that before. I've never been on one."

Thankfully he understands where I'm coming from and clears the air with one of his infamous smirks. "Does that mean I get the honors of being the first?"

"Yes it does" I blush when his thumb lifts my shirt a little to rub the exposed skin on my hip.

"Then I'm picking you up tonight at 7. Have fun in class, baby."