Mere rang mein

They left the hostel early... to avoid any questions from their friends.

Before nine, they were at Phulla bua's house. After a breakfast of alu parantha, chachaji checked the documents they had brought.

"Sab theek lag raha hai... hum inki copy banwa laate hain... shayad court mein jama karni pade." He collected all papers, getting up to go with Sameer.

Bua dadi asked Naina to get ready.

"Arre wah, yeh saari toh sach mein badi sundar hai... Sameer ke nanaji ko shayad pehle se andaaza tha ki iss tarah ki saree ki zaroorat pad sakti hai." Bua dadi teased Naina when she showed the saree.

Naina was instantly defensive, "Nahi, nahi bua dadi, unko toh pata bhi nahi tha... unhone bas aise hi ek din Sameer ko di thi... uss samay woh school mein tha... tab tak hum ek doosre se baat bhi nahi karte the."

A serene expression settled on the old lady's face, "Iss umar mein aabhas ho jaata hai ki kab jaane ka samay aa gaya hai... shayad isliye unhone pehle hi Sameer ko yeh saree de di."

Naina stared at her grandmother with teary eyes, "Yeh app kya keh rahi hain, bua dadi?"

She immediately looked at Naina and was cheerful again, "Arre, tu kyon ro rahi hai... main thodi kahin jaane wali hun... abhi toh tere dher saare bachhon ke saath khelna hai mujhe... dekhun toh sahi tere jaise seedhe saade honge ya apne hero papa jaise."

Naina was aghast... she could not look at bua dadi and covered her red face with her hands.

Laughing, the old lady walked out of the room, "Ab taiyar ho jaa jaldi se... humein time pe court pohochana hai."

Naina bit her lip, thinking about her words... a shy smile appeared on her face wondering how Sameer would have reacted had he heard what bua dadi said.

Bringing herself to present, she picked up the saree and the gold brocade blouse and went to the washroom to get dressed.

Anand came back with Sameer a little later, all documents and their copies secured in a brown envelope.

As they settled on the sofa, Sameer peeped inside, searching for Naina. She was nowhere. Anand started to explain a few things to Phulla bua. Sameer impatiently rubbed his hands, craning his neck to see if Naina was visible.

When he could not bear anymore, he asked bua dadi, "Woh Naina... kahin gayi hai kya?"

She narrowed her eyes, "Uski shaadi hai... taiyar ho rahi hai... time toh lagega na."

He pursed his lips, dipping his head to one side.

Another few minutes ticked by, making him more restless.

"Tujhe pata hai na uska kamra... jaa,  aur bol usse ki chalne ka time ho raha hai... dus minute mein aa jao dono." Bua dadi gave him the chance he was itching for.

Anand was surprised to see the comfort level she had with Sameer... realising that her experienced eyes were another validation for the decision he had taken.

Sameer reached the room, only to see Naina bent over her foot that was placed on a stool.

"Naina."

She quickly looked up, straightening... the payal falling from her hand.

Sameer took in the sight in front of him. Dressed in his nani's saree, she was the most beautiful bride he had ever seen. His eyes roamed from her face till her feet, which were hidden from the view. She was wearing all his gifts... the saree, pendent, glass bangles that he had brought last year on Diwali, and the fallen anklet was the one he had recently given her. She had put a small bindi... and applied red lipstick... his heart missed several beats.

Kabhi toh Nazar Milao Part 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें