Honeymoon

As expected, the morning was spent in the room... none of them willing to go out.

After lunch, however, they decided to go for shopping... to buy some gifts for friends and family. The small market did not offer many choices but Naina was able to find a little shop tucked in a corner which had beautiful handmade pieces of artifacts and jewellery. They also bought handmade chocolates, a speciality of Ooty.

They had dinner in the market, eating delicious local food... a special biriyani with spiced curd which they relished.

The remaining two days were spent in visiting few places in the town, and close by. The hilltops provided a breathtaking view of deep valleys, lush with flora and fauna... crystal clear lakes all around were as peaceful and serene as the town itself... the temples and churches gave the pious ambience to its quiet beauty... gardens filled with fresh blooms enveloped them with a fragrance even after they left. There was no dearth of picturesque sights, but not everything could be covered in one trip.

Finally, it was the day to depart. They had to leave the hotel in the morning to be able to catch the late afternoon flight from Coimbatore, the closest airport, which was about three hours drive from Ooty.

As they stood at the reception, clearing the bills, the person they met on the first day joined them.

"Good morning." Mr Chauhan looked at their luggage, "Aap log wapas jaa rahe hain?"

Naina smiled at him. Sameer looked up from the papers he was signing... and smiled too. The resentment was not there anymore. He looked at his wife, grateful for easing out the fears that had gripped him.

"Aaj wapas Ahmedabad jaa rahe hain." He said politely, with a genuine smile.

Mr Chauhan took a deep, relaxed breath, reading his expression, "Achha laga aap logon se milke... meri kal ki flight hai... agar aaj ki hoti toh kuch ghanton ka saath aur mil jaata."

He looked at Naina, "Mere writers ko aapka idea kaafi pasand aaya aur unhone ispe hi likhne ka faisla kiya hai... hum pichle janm ki kahani pe kaam karenge... aap chahein toh main aapka naam credits mein de sakta hun."

"Arre nahi, uski koi zaroorat nahi hai... maine bas ek chota sa idea diya tha... aur itna kuch naya bhi nahi hai... pehle bhi filmein ban chuki hain ispe." Naina was a little embarrassed to be appreciated for something so simple.

"Naina, idea hi pehli seedhi hota hai... shuruaat karne ko kuch mil jaaye toh kahani ko aage badhana aasan ho jaata hai... aapko toh pata hi hai... aap khud writer hain... lekin sirf yahin tak ka saath nahi... mujhe aapke saath aage bhi kaam karna hai... mere proposal ke baare mein sochiyega zaroor... waise Mumbai aana jaana toh hota ho hoga aap logon ka, aakhir aapka show TV pe superhit chal raha hai... kabhi bhi aayiye mere office... aapke sujhav hamari iss film ke liye bhi faaydemand honge." Mr Chauhan offered.

Naina looked at Sameer... not sure how he would take the invitation... now that she knew his initial feelings about this man, she was worried.

Sameer held out a paper to Mr Chauhan, "Yeh lijiye, hamara Ahmedabad ka address aur phone number hai... aap kabhi bhi Naina ki madad lene ke liye phone kar sakte hain... aur agar Ahmedabad aayein toh milne zaroor aaiye."

Her shocked reaction was not noticed by the man, as he took a step ahead and engulfed Sameer in a hug.

"Yeh hui na yaaron wali baat... ab normal lag rahe ho... pehle jaise angry young man nahi." He laughed.

Sameer winked at Naina, surprising her even more.

"Ab hum log nikalte hain... aapse dubara zaroor milenge." Sameer promised him, looping one arm around Naina's shoulder.

Kabhi toh Nazar Milao Part 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें