The Chosen One

As Sameer went for his bath, Naina opened the cupboard to find appropriate clothes for his first day in office. She checked the blazers. But it was too hot to wear one. A shirt would be fine, with a tie.

She brought out a white shirt, along with a blue tie and black trousers. She loved white on him. Actually, she loved every colour on him... the thought making her smile.

After placing the clothes on bed, she tapped her forehead... it somehow felt incomplete. She looked around. Her eyes fell on his wallet kept on the dresser. She recalled how chachiji always kept everything together when chachaji got ready for office. Quickly picking up the wallet, she placed it near his clothes, handkerchief and watch along with it.

Satisfied, she went out to the kitchen, tying up her hair in a bun.

Sameer was pleasantly surprised to see everything laid out on the bed. He smiled at the white shirt... she was always fascinated by his white shirts, keeping one for herself when they were in Mumbai. Suddenly, his thoughts were filled up with her images in that shirt of his. Would she do it again... when he came back today...

It was worth a try, he grinned, buttoning up the shirt, wondering how long these poor buttons would stay where they are. For her small and petite frame, she had amazing energy to go on making his buttons fly away each time.

He found her in the kitchen, busy cooking for him. Folding his arms across his chest, he leaned against the door frame, observing her.

She was still in night suit, buttoned upto her neck. Her hair were tied in a loose bun... few tendrils falling on her face and neck kept troubling her as she rolled out paranthas for him. At one point, she tried to push them with the back of her hand, resulting in a white streak on her forehead.

Sameer had full intention of going and cleaning it, when she suddenly turned.

"Arre, aa gaye tum?" She beamed, looking at him from top to bottom.

"Hmm... lag rahe ho... handsome business man." Her wink made his eyes open wide.

He took a step in, but she showed her hand to stall him.

"Nahi, andar mat aao, tum naha ke aaye ho, paseene aa jayenge... table pe baitho main tumhare liye breakfast laa rahi hun." She picked up the tray.

He went out to the dining area, pulling a chair for her as well as he settled down.

"Sirf tumhare liye hai... mujhe pehle nahana hai." She started to push back the chair after placing the tray in front of him.

He held her hand, making her sit with a jerk, "Subah ki dhoop jaisi khili hui lag rahi ho... please, yahin raho na."

With a smile, she remained seated, "Theek hai, ab khao... aur haan, tumhara lunch Ramdhari bhaiya le aayenge baad mein."

He raised his brows hopefully, "Tum nahi leke aa sakti?"

She stifled a smile, "Achha? Aur kya kahenge wahan sab... ki Mrs Maheshwari ek din bhi nahi reh paa rahi hain apne pati ke bina jo tiffin dene ke bahane aa gayi."

He tugged at her hand that he was still holding, bringing her face near him, "Toh reh sakti hain kya... Mrs Maheshwari... apne pati ke bina?"

Her heart fluttered... the sight of him in this formal outfit was already not going well with her system, and now his teasing was sending caution signals to her brain... it was indeed difficult to keep her hands off him when he was so close, so delectable.

"Tum... tum chup chaap breakfast karo, main chai leke aati hun." She got up to escape the torment.

His one strong pull made her land in his lap.

Kabhi toh Nazar Milao Part 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें