Birthday wishes

Sameer reached the parked car to see both his friends sleeping in awkward positions in the cramped place... Munna in front and Pandit at the back.

His annoyance vanished in no time. Sleep was so important to them and he had made them stay here all night just for his own requirement. He started to feel guilty.

When his repeated soft knocks did not wake them up, he gave a hard kick to the car... the noise along with the jerk made both of them spring up to sitting position.

"Kya... kya hua bhai... bhoochal aa raha hai kya?" Pandit clutched the seat tight.

Munna looked around to get some orientation of unfamiliar surroundings... and saw Sameer's face peering from the window.

His eyes went from sleepy to confused to widening in horror as realisation struck him. He quickly looked at his watch, slapping his mouth as the time was almost half past four.

He turned towards Pandit, shaking him, "Pandit uth ja, humein Sameer ko lene jaana tha."

Pandit rubbed his eyes, deciphering what Munna said, and the doubt cleared from his face too.

"Haan bhai, jaldi chal... nahi toh bhabhi ki jagah aaj Sameer ki vidaai ho jayegi." He started to open the door.

A scream escaped his lips as he saw Sameer standing out with hands on hips, waiting for them to finish their conversation and realise that they need to let him get in.

Unlocking the car, Munna jumped out, touching him to make sure he was real.

"Ghar chalein?" Sameer asked with a straight face.

"Bhai, maaf karde... pata nahi kaise aankh nahi khuli... woh raat ko pehle darr ke maare neend nahi aayi... fir aisi aayi ki tooti hi nahi." Pandit muttered sheepishly, stepping out of the car.

Patting the back of his friends, he laughed, "Koi nahi... ab chalo... ghar jaake aaram se so jaana."

Munna looked at him from top to bottom, "Tu sahi salamat hai na?"

"Haan, kyon?" Sameer narrowed his eyes.

"Nahi, woh seedhi nahi thee na... toh kood ke aaya hoga... kahin chot wagerah  dikh nahi rahi." Munna went around him to check.

Pandit opened his eyes wide, "Tu upar se kood gaya? Bhai, shaktimaan hai kya?"

Sameer gave an annoying look to Munna Pandit, "Ek toh sote rahe... time pe seedhi leke nahi pohoche... aur ab ulti seedhi baatein kar rahe ho... chalo baitho dono... main drive karta hun."

With confusion writ on their faces, both sat in the car while Sameer took the driver seat.

"Lekin tune bataya nahi tu neeche kaise aaya... matlab agar tujhe seedhi ki zaroorat hi nahi thi toh humein kyon yahan macharon ka nashta banwane laaya tha... jaise aaya hai waise chala bhi jaata." Pandit was still racking his brain.

"Haan yaar Sameer, kya bhabhi ke ghar walon ne dhakke deke nikal diya?" Munna also wanted to know.

Sameer smiled, "Pipe se utar ke aaya... der ho rahi thi aur tum dono the nahi... koi aur rasta nahi tha."

"Tujhe pipe se utarna bhi aata hai? Woh toh chor karte hain." Pandit could not erase the expression of wonder from his face.

"Toh apna bhai bhi chor hi hai," Munna smirked, earning another angry glare from Sameer and another perplexed 'Hain' from Pandit.

"Arre bhabhi ka dil churaya hai na isne." Munna quickly clarified, before either of them could ask more.

"Aur humari neend ki chori bhi issike naam... kasam se, dhoodhwala hun aisa lag raha hai... itni subah toh wohi uthta hoga." Pandit grumbled, slipping down in the seat at the back.

Kabhi toh Nazar Milao Part 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें