Dil ki duaa

The breakfast was Sameer's favourite alu parantha. Naina saw the happiness in his eyes as they sat on the table.

"Suno, aaj zara sambhal ke khana... pichhli baar ki tarah nahi." She leaned towards him to whisper in his ear.

"Aaj tumne thodi banaye hain." He whispered back.

Even Sonali was surprised when he did not eat after three paranthas.

"Sameer, aur lo na... khaas tumhare liye banwaye hain." She urged.

"Thanks Sonali, par mera ho gaya." He smiled politely.

They did not waste much time at the table, going back to their rooms for studies.

Naina preferred to sit on the bed... the feeling of uneasiness had started again... she rested her back against propped up pillow, straightened her legs and opened the book.

Sameer had been studying for about half an hour when he heard a sharp intake of breath. He quickly checked on Naina. She sat with head pressing into the backrest, legs stretched, clutching her stomach. He was with her instantly.

"Naina." He placed one hand over hers on the stomach.

As he watched, she bit her lower lip hard, stretching the legs more... toes curling with the pain of cramps.

Sameer had seen her pressing her legs the previous day. He was not sure if he could do it...

Her breathing had become harder, she started to press her thighs with fisted hand, still holding her stomach tightly with the other.

"Naina, tum dawai le lo." He offered, recalling that she had said she would take it during daytime.

She nodded, adding in a pained voice, "Paani la do please, garam."

He rushed to the kitchen and was back with a glass of warm water in no time. He gave the tablet kept on her side table. Naina gulped it down. Her eyes did not open though. He kept sitting close to her, waiting for the signs of relaxation.

Two drops trickled down her closed eyes. Sameer felt his throat getting constricted. It was not normal to have so much pain... she needed to see a doctor.

"Suno Naina, shayad tumhe doctor ke paas chalna chahiye... itna dard koi kaise bardaasht kar sakta hai... main tumhe leke chalun?" He asked softly, wiping off her tears.

Naina shook her head, without speaking. He shifted closer to her, placing an arm around her, covering her hand on the abdomen with his palm again. She rested her head on his shoulder, breathing in gasps.

They sat for almost half an hour before Sameer felt her breathing return to normal. She had stopped rubbing her feet with each other. The hand on her stomach also laid flat, not clutching anymore.

The medicine had worked.

He turned to face her... she had opened her eyes.

"Naina, main yeh nahi dekh sakta... iske liye doctor ke paas jaana chahiye... ho sakta hai koi aur problem ho jiski wajah se tumhe itni takleef hoti hai." He was gravely concerned.

"Koi aur problem nahi hai, Sameer. Mujhe paanch che mahine mein ek baar itna dard hota hai... baaki time nahi... matlab bohot kam hota hai... ismein doctor ke paas jaane ki zaroorat nahi hai." She said in a weak voice.

He was not convinced. The only way was to find out himself. He decided to check about it in some books from the library... if Naina could get all information about what was nagging her mind at one point of time, he could do it too. What he couldn't do was let his Naina go through such experience repeatedly.

Kabhi toh Nazar Milao Part 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें