Elders

Sameer reached home, swinging the car keys around his finger, whistling happily. As he entered the room, seeing his friends still fast asleep, he became quiet. Walking softly to the bed, he decided to lie down for some time. Lack of sleep the whole night and contentment of meeting Naina made him drift into dreamland in no time... a smile playing on his lips.

It wasn't the same for Naina though.

"Naina, ek buri khabar hai." Preeti blurted the moment she entered their room.

Her heart sank.

"Papa ko do din aur lagenge Dilli mein... aur do din Phulla bua bhi nahi aa payengi kyonki airport ki hadtaal ho gayi hai." She said nervously.

Naina sat on the bed with a thud... her main support systems would be missing for another two days... the wait was getting longer.

Preeti sat next to her, wrapping one arm around her shoulder, "Tu ghabra mat... jaise hi woh log aayenge, hum ussi din baat karenge... bina koi time ganwaye."

"Lekin Preeti, ek ek din bohot keemti hai mere liye... Sameer ne mujhe bas saat din ka time diya hai." She feared the consequences of his coming here in seven days.

Tension gripped Preeti as well. Each day was crucial if they had only one week to work.

However, she consoled Naina... assuring her that once her father and their grandmother were here, everything would fall in place soon.

Later in the day, taiji was sipping her cup of cardamom tea, leisurely sitting on the swing. Arjun was turning the pages of a magazine when tauji and Rakesh walked in.

"Arre, aap itni jaldi aa gaye?" Taiji adjusted her pallu on the head, surprised to see her husband at home before lunch.

"Haan, aaj court band ho gaya... kuch hadtaal hai... pata nahi kya ho raha hai iss desh ka." He settled on the sofa, rubbing his forehead.

"Bela, tere bhaisaab ke liye zara chai bana de... thak gaye hain." Taiji hollered.

"Mere liye bhi bol dijiye, bhabhiji... yahan toh aapko banani bhi nahi hai fir bhi kanjoosi kar rahi hain." Rakesh remarked bitterly.

"O bai, khud chai ka bolne mein bhi thakan hoti hai kya aapko... bas saare kaam koi aur karke dede, inhe toh yehi chahiye... Bela Rakesh babu ke liye bhi bana de." She made a face at him.

Naina brought the teacups in a tray, giving to both the brothers and went back to the kitchen.

"Arre haan Bina, aaj woh Aggarwal samaj ke pradhan ji mile the... keh rahe the koi ladki batao unke bete ke liye... ab Naina ki padhaai ho gayi hai toh kyon na issi ki baat karein unse." Tauji said, as if he remembered her existence only after seeing her.

Arjun looked up sharply, "Lekin tauji unka beta achha nahi hai."

Taiji gave him an angry look, "Achha nahi hai ka kya matlab hai...  theek thaak paise wale log hain... padha likha hai... ab college nahi gaya toh kya... usse kaunsa collector banna hai... dukaan hi toh sambhalega apne baap ki."

"Taiji, main jaanta hun uske baare mein... woh... woh... har hafte alag ladki ke saath ghumta hai." His voice fell in volume as he mentioned the reason for his dislike.

"Shaadi ke baad sudhar jayega... abhi thode din ghum fir liya toh kya ho gaya." Tauji said in a stern voice.

Naina was listening to the conversation from the kitchen... gripping the platform hard... her knuckles had gone white as the talks progressed.

"Kya guarantee hai ki shaadi ke baad sab theek ho jayega... aise log nahi sudharte kabhi." Rakesh's loud voice took everyone by surprise.

Arjun was happy that his father was talking in favour of his sister, but his next sentence shattered everyone's hope.

Kabhi toh Nazar Milao Part 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें