Announcement

Naina had been in the library for more than fifteen minutes when Sameer came rushing.

"Sorry, sorry... aaj late ho gaya... tum bohot der se intezar kar rahi ho kya?" He pulled a chair, turned it around, and flopped down, resting his face on the bar of chair's back.

"Kya hua... aaj itne daudte hue kyon aaye ho?" Naina was amused as he sat there panting.

"Daudte hue nahi, daud ke aaya hun." He wiped his forehead with the back of his hand.

"Kya matlab?" She narrowed her eyes in confusion.

"Arre yaar, raat ko neend hi nahi aayi toh maine socha ab utha hua hun toh jogging ke liye chala jaata hun... ek ghanta daud ke aaya... thakan ho gayi kyonki kaafi dinon ke baad gaya tha... thoda aaram karne ke liye leta aur aankh lag gayi... abhi abhi dus minute pehle hi utha hun... bas kisi tarah bhag ke aaya yahan tak." He explained.

"Tum jogging bhi karte ho?" Naina found the idea exciting.

"Haan, pehle toh hamesha karta tha... ab kam ho gaya hai... fir bhi koshish karta hun hafte mein do baar toh chala jaun... par iss baar dus din ho gaye... isliye aaj thoda thak gaya." He dropped his head on the table, placing it on his arms.

She looked at his face... closed eyes, tired features, hair falling on the forehead.... her fingers moved on their own accord, threading through his hair, flicking the falling locks away from his face.

His eyes flew open at her touch. The light feathery fingers seeped up all tiredness from him. He took a deep, shuddering breath.

"Naina, tumhari ungaliyon mein bhi jaadu hai... meri saari thakaan mita di tumne." His relief was evident on his face.

She did not move her hand away, enjoying the feel of his silky hair as her fingers weaved through them.

"Umm, Naina, agar tum aise hi karti rahi toh main... fir mat kehna ki library hai... koi aa jayega." He gave a smirk, still keeping his head on the table.

She swiftly removed her hand, looking around. The library was vacant today. She looked down at the book in front... her mind going back to the same work... imagining him jogging on the sidewalk, a rolled up handkerchief tied around his forehead... to prevent hair falling in his eyes when he ran... sweat running down his face...

She had once seen him do push ups, and was fascinated ever since. She had loved his rippling muscles, the strength of his biceps that supported the weight of his body, the way he swooshed air out of his mouth... everything enthralled her. She could do it again, watch him exercising... her throat went dry at the thought.

Sameer saw the changing expressions, knowing that she was lost somewhere... and she was definitely liking what she was seeing in her thoughts. He decided to find out.

"Achha lag raha hun na?" He whispered against her ear.

"Haan, bohot achhe." Her voice was dreamy.

He grinned... she was weaving some fantasies. Looking around the library, he realised there was no other student besides them. He had a golden chance.

"Umm... kya kar raha hun main?" He dragged his chair closer to her, asking in the same low voice.

"Tum aise hi... " She came back to her senses completely this time, the sound of dragging chair breaking her thought bubble.

"Sam... Sameer... yeh kya kar rahe ho... door hoke baitho... college mein hain hum." She straightened.

"Pehle batao, kya sapna dekh rahi thi mere baare mein." He breathed against her ear.

Kabhi toh Nazar Milao Part 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें