Respect

"Naina, Preeti, aa jao, sabke liye khana laga dete hain." Bela called out.

All three went to the kitchen, with Swati following them.

"Chachiji, papa khana khaye bina hi kyon chale gaye?" Naina was eager to know, though her father's absence left little doubt in anyone's mind.

"Beta, unhe kuch kaam tha toh chale gaye... unka khana main abhi Arjun ke saath bhijwa dungi." Bela tried to keep a neutral expression.

Her lie did not convince the girls but they didn't prod further, getting busy with helping her.

Meal time was as enjoyable as a party meal would be... chachiji had prepared Naina's favourite dishes... Sameer came to know for the first time that Naina was fond of tomato pulao with raita... and the realisation dawned upon him that in spite of being together for three years, he was yet to discover a lot of things... and being with her family was the best way to find out all that... but absence of Rakesh sir had left a lingering doubt in his mind... nobody was saying anything... but the underlying tension among the elders was enough to tell him that things had not been smooth.

Phulla bua had sent them to the room so that she could initiate talks with Rakesh sir, he had realised as much. The door to their room was closed, and Preeti and Swati were chattering at a high volume... so outside sounds were not reaching him but he was sure he had heard raised voices a couple of times. He was eager to know what transpired between them... and how much further they had moved in their struggle to make the family understand. But there was no way of knowing. He had glanced at Naina a few times... caught her looking at him too... but she seemed to be as lost as him.

"Arjun, beta yeh khana bhaisahab ke liye le jaana... bhooke pet neend bhi nahi aayegi." Bela gave a covered plate to Arjun after he was done with his food.

He pursed his lips, wondering whether his father would eat it or not... but took the plate without a word.

He then turned to Sameer once again, "Main chalta hun, Sameer. Kabhi bhi koi kaam aa sakun toh bina kisi hichak ke bol dena... tumhara liye jitna kar sakta hun zaroor karunga."

Sameer pressed his shoulder, smiling knowingly.

Swati's father called up that he's coming to pick her up. She left shortly after Arjun.

Phulla bua called Naina and Sameer.

"Dekho beta, tumhe pata lag hi gaya hoga ki humne Rakesh se baat karne ki koshish ki thi... par uski akal mein aaj tak dhang ki koi baat ghusi hi nahi hai... khair chodo... Naina, mujhe nahi lagta Rakesh manega... par uski chinta nahi hai... woh thoda shor macha ke chup ho jayega... usmein kuch aur karne ka dum bhi nahi hai... waise bhi usko toh tamasha karna hi hai chahe ghar mein kuch bhi khushi ka mauka ho... ab kal Bina aur Naresh aa jayenge toh unse baat karenge... Bina toh ariyal hai par main Naresh ko samjhane ki koshish karungi... aur agar woh maan gaya toh Bina bhi maan hi jayegi... agle ek do din mein faisla ho jayega." She explained the scenario to them.

"Naina, Sameer, tum chinta mat karo... yeh bas ek koshish hai... maine parson subah panditji ko bulaya hai... tareekh nikalwane ke liye... jo hamara saath dena chahe woh shaadi mein shaamil ho sakta hai... aur Rakesh bhaisahab ki tarah agar kisi ko aitraaz hai toh unke bina bhi sab kaam ho jayenge." Anand assured them.

Naina felt her heart fall to the bottom of her stomach... she had not been expecting anything from her father, but still a hope kindled somewhere in the corner of her heart that maybe he would get a little softer for her at the mention of her leaving the house... but probably she was hoping for impossible. She blinked back the unshed tears, swallowing hard.

Sameer saw the sadness spread on her face... knowing how it felt when your own parents fail you... especially when you have only one of them.

He placed his palm over her hand that was clutching the edge of the sofa. Her face softened... looking at him, she realised he could understand her pain... after all, he too suffered the same.

Kabhi toh Nazar Milao Part 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें