Good Morning

Sameer had dinner with Rahul and Sonali while Naina stayed in the room. She utilised this time to change for the night.

Later, when Sonali came with a glass of hot milk, she was back with the books in bed.

"Tu fir books leke baith gayi... aaj rehne de na." She chided.

"Kaise rehne dun, Sonali... time hi kahan hai... waise bhi aaj din mein kuch khaas padhai ki bhi nahi maine... aur meri wajah se Sameer ka time bhi waste ho gaya... isse achha toh hum hostel mein hi reh lete... ya fir yahan alag room mein." She blurted, immediately regretting her last sentence in front of her friend.

"Pagal hai kya... alag kyon rahoge... husband wife ho... aur achha hai na Sameer hai tere saath aise mein... yaad hai hostel mein akele kaise roti rehti thi bas... mujhe toh teri daant bhi yaad hai... jab bhi aati thi tere paas, kuch na kuch suna deti thi." Sonali chuckled.

Naina gave a sheepish smile, "Kya karun, bohot gussa aa jaata hai ekdum se... subah se Sameer bhi jhel raha hai bechara."

"Usse toh ab hamesha jhelna hai... aadat daal leni chahiye... waise bechara toh hai tera Sameer... uske plans ko tune chaupat kar diya." Sonali was in no mood to leave Naina.

"Maine kya plans chaupat kiye?" She asked.

Sonali winked, "Achha, yeh bhi main bataun? Shaadi ko do din hue hain... honeymoon ke plans hi banaye honge na usne."

Naina felt a shiver run down her spine. She had been so preoccupied with the mess created by her father, unexpected marriage, sudden change in the status of their relationship... along with the tension of exams... that first it did not occur to her that she would be staying in the same room with Sameer... and her present condition did not let her thoughts get to the outcome of this proximity...

"Par Sameer ne toh kaha tha phoolon... " She checked herself before giving more information to her inquisitive friend.

"Kya kaha tha? Phoolon ka kya? Bata na... main mangwa dungi jo chahiye... yeh problem toh khatam ho jaayegi chaar din mein... fir bata dena kya kya chahiye tere Sameer ko tum dono ke kamre mein." Sonali pinched Naina's cheek.

"Mujhe kuch nahi chahiye, Sonali... Naina se puch lo." His voice jolted both of them.

Sonali turned to see him entering the room. She looked at Naina, who had turned pale. They didn't know how much he had heard, but his expression was neutral.

"Main... main chalti hun... bye." Sonali got up immediately from the bed.

She mumbled a 'good night' to Sameer before stepping out, closing the door behind her.

Sameer walked in with a perplexed look.

"Isse kya hua? Aise kyon bhaag gayi?" He pointed back at the closed door.

Naina swallowed... it seemed like he hadn't heard anything... but if he had...

"Tum... tum kab aaye?" Her voice was shaky.

"Kab aaya matlab? Abhi abhi toh aaya hun tumhare saamne... Naina, tum theek ho na?" He quickly touched her forehead, sitting next to her.

Naina pulled her legs closer to herself, "Theek hun... kh... khana kha liya na tumne."

"Haan, aur chachaji ko phone bhi kar liya... unhe yahan ka number diya hai... abhi tak unhone baat nahi ki hai kyonki Rakesh sir aur Arjun Rajkot gaye hue hain... unhone kaha baat hote hi phone kar ke bata denge." He explained the reason for his absence.

Naina dipped her head to the side. He was surprised at her silence... she did not show any anxiety or restlessness... maybe that was also because of her condition.

Kabhi toh Nazar Milao Part 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें