Better half

Sameer suggested they go to the same shop where Naina had purchased her farewell saree. She readily agreed, already impressed with their vast collection.

The salesman started to show them the sarees suitable for newly married when they said it was for the first pooja after marriage. Naina was uncomfortable seeing the extremely heavy ones in bright colours.

"Sameer, main yeh kaise pehnungi... yeh toh bohot ajeeb hain... matlab shaadi karne thodi jaa rahein hain." She whispered to him when the salesman got up to get more designs.

He understood her dilemma. Whatever had been shown till now was not to his liking either. He couldn't imagine Naina in any of those heavily embellished yards of fabric.

"Dekhiye, yeh sab nahi, aap waisa kuch dikhaiye." Sameer pointed at a mannequin.

Naina looked back to see a blue chiffon saree with narrow silver border. Though it had some work of stones and thread, it looked manageable. She smiled in relief, once again appreciative of Sameer's choice.

The salesman was finally able to get a bunch of sarees that appealed to her. When he opened a dark pink one with gold border, both of them reached for it together. They looked at each other... and smiled... knowing that this was the choice of the other. Naina picked up a yellow blouse in contrast to go with it. She tried and was satisfied with the fitting.

Once the blouse and underskirt to go with the saree were selected, Naina got up to pay.

Sameer held her hand, "Naina, aaj tum apne pati ke saath aayi ho... tum nahi main iske paise dunga."

She smiled... accepting without hesitation.

Saree shopping done, next was accessories.

"Naina, woh jo Sonali keh rahi thi na... umm... mangalsudhra... woh le lo tum." He tried to recollect the name.

She burst out laughing, in the middle of the road, earning strange glances from passerbys. Sameer looked at her, suddenly conscious.

"Kya... kya hua... aise hans kyon rahi ho?" He asked, knowing for sure it had something to do with him.

"Sameer, woh mangalsudhra nahi mangalsutra hota hai... tum bhi pata nahi kya bolte ho." She said amidst peals of laughter.

He gave a sheepish look, "Ab mujhe kaise pata hoga kya hota hai... par samajh toh aa gaya na tumko."

She held his arm, still smiling, "Main tumpe nahi hans rahi... tumhari iss pyari si baat pe hans rahi hun... kahan se sochte ho tum aise shabd."

He ran a hand through his hair, "Ab batao kahan chalna hai."

"Yahin paas mein ek badi shop hai wahan se le lete hain... sab mil jayega." She showed him the direction.

They decided to walk as it was closeby.

Naina bought a set of glass bangles, along with some golden thicker ones to pair with them. She chose a delicate floral pattern pendent set, some cosmetics, a packet of bindi and a small box of sindoor. In the end, she decided to buy an imitation mangalsutra as well.

"Sameer, yeh main le toh rahi hun par bas kal ke liye... iske baad tabhi pehnungi jab tum shaadi mein pehnaoge." She told him.

"Bilkul madam, aapke liye aisa mangal... mangalsutra banwaunga ki waisa kabhi kisi ne nahi dekha hoga." He leaned closer to her.

When they reached back, Sonali came over to their room to see the saree Naina had bought. Sameer chatted with Rahul in the living room while Naina showed her shopping to her friend who loved everything.

Kabhi toh Nazar Milao Part 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें