Daughter

Sameer had been feeling a nervous fluttering in his stomach ever since he had stepped in Naina's house. When he had planned this party for her, he had no idea chachaji and chachiji would include him as well. He wasn't sure Naina would be comfortable with it or not. He couldn't ask her either... it was to be a surprise.

Her hesitation was evident when he stood next to her... he was filled with a strange sensation as well. It appeared that the family had already accepted him... well, the members present there had... but he got a feeling that he was in the house, standing with her, touching her... with everybody's permission... he had the right... and entire family had accepted that right.

But Naina was tensed about something... he could see it in her demeanor. Her eyes would have given him some hint but she was not even looking at him. He wondered if she was unhappy about his plan or his presence... though he doubted both. Then what could be the reason of the lines on her forehead...

When he saw Swati taking her out to the balcony, it took extreme self control on his part to not get up and go after her. But when she came back after what seemed like an eternity... her dazzling smile brightened his dark thoughts. The assuring nod of head made him relax instantly.

And then she came and sat with him, making his heartbeat jump to another level... the way her leg pressed against his on the side, he was left with no doubt that she was happy to have him here. When she held his hand, the shock made his eyebrows shoot up... that he quickly controlled... not wanting to make her conscious.

The unexpected entry of her father was what had unnerved him the most. His presence and talks made him squirm as he recalled that this person had tried to trade his own daughter for his son's future.

Thankfully, Phulla bua had asked all of them to go inside. Arjun too.

He knew Arjun had joined hands with them... but the awkwardness was there... till they entered the room.

Before Sameer could say anything, Arjun stepped towards him and took him in a warm hug.

Sameer felt the uneasiness slip away at this welcome.

When he parted, Arjun was overwhelmed, "Sameer, tumhe school mein bohot baar dekha tha... tab nahi pata tha ki ek din tumse yeh rishta judd jayega... meri behen mujhe bohot pyari hai... uske liye kabhi kuch kiya nahi maine... par yeh jaankar behad khushi hui ki usse tumhare jaisa jeevansathi mila hai... sach mein, tumne jitna uske birthday ke liye socha na, itna toh uske liye maine saari zindagi nahi socha... bas hamesha yeh lagta tha ki kaise uske dukh kam karun... yeh khyaal hi nahi aaya ki usse khushi kaise dun... lekin tumne uski khushiyon ke baare mein socha... aur yeh mere liye bohot badi baat hai... Thank you, meri behen ki zindagi mein aane ke liye."

"Thank you toh mujhe bolna chahiye Arjun... sabko... Naina aur mera saath dene ke liye." Sameer was delighted to know Arjun felt so strongly for them.

"Yeh saali toh hamesha se aapke saath hai, jijaji... kal agar Naina ka man badal jaaye toh main aapse doosri shaadi karne ko bhi taiyar hun." Preeti tilted her head, grinning foolishly at Sameer.

Sameer pursed his lips, with raised brows...

Naina smacked her hard on the arm...

Arjun glared at her...

"Kyaaa hai? Ab main jijaji se mazaak bhi nahi kar sakti kya? Saali ka janmsidh adhikar hai yeh." Preeti frowned, rubbing her arm.

They all laughed... and suddenly the room was filled with excited banters of all... unlike outside, where the air weighed down with the strain of heavy talks.

Anand stood with a firm expression on his face, his wife standing with him, showing her support...

Phulla bua was stunned at Anand's declarations... she had not expected him to blurt it out so soon...

Kabhi toh Nazar Milao Part 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें