05 | black spider

Before my next class which was Element Edification, I sprinted to my room

Before my next class which was Element Edification, I sprinted to my room. I needed some alone time, so I could be away from Billie. I still was trying to process what happened.

I collapsed on my bed and rubbed my hands on my flushed cheeks. How had she done that? I remembered the feeling of her hand gripping my wrist and how good it felt, cooling the constant fire in my veins. How had no one realised what happened except me and her? It was like time stopped when she touched me.

But why had she touched me? Why did she care if I hurt Athena, I know she hates her more than I do, I mean Billie and the Snake are like enemies! Why did she stop me? And why did I like it?

I rolled over and groaned into the pillow. I need to relax. I sat up, facing the wall. One two three, breath in. A small flame appeared on my finger tip, burning bright blue. Now let go. I let go of my breath I was holding and simultaneously let my fire grow. It slowly travelled until it covered my whole hand, and rolled my eyes back at the pure pleasure I felt from this. The fire was hot on my skin and tingly. It creeped up my arm like a black spider as far as my shoulder. I didn't let it burn my clothes or emit any smoke, or then I'd be screwed. It engulfed me and I relaxed into it, a moan escaping my parted lips.

"Fuck," a voice breathed.

I jumped and pulled the fire back in, turning round quickly to face them as I blushed red. My breathing was heavy as I looked at the door and saw Billie standing in front of it.

I cursed and got up from the bed. "What are you doing here?"

She gave me a flat look and walked to the other bed. "I live here, Santana."

"Oh," I said lamely. I felt really stupid when she said that. I watched Billie untie her laces and decided to be productive and not just stand there like an idiot.

I started to empty out my gym kit from my bag and silently wondered why I didn't just leave it in a locker, when she spoke to me. "Your gift is really cool, dude." Billie gave me a half smile and kicked her shoes off.

"Thanks, but I know people with way better ones." I sat on my bed and watched her grab another pair of sneakers from her dresser and put them on.

Billie furrowed her thick brows. "What do you mean?"

"Well most of the people I grew up with had Pure gifts, even though its really rare. Mine was like, the most boring out of all of them." My memories came flooding back to me and I shut them out before the tears came.

Billie smacked her lips. "Lucky you. I was the only one in my state with a Pure gift growing up. It sucked like a blowjob."

I burst out laughing and she smirked. Billie shrugged and looked at herself in the mirror before opening the door. In the corridor I saw girls walking, running, chatting and goofing around. She turned back to me.