08 | warm vanilla

The sun shining through my blinds woke me up at 7:03am

The sun shining through my blinds woke me up at 7:03am. I was tangled in Billie's black sheets and enveloped in her warm vanilla scent. I turned over and rubbed my eyes looking for Billie. She wasn't in the small bed with me, and her side was cold.

I sighed and looked around the room, taking in that this was my life for the next 2 years or so.

"Pack your bags, Oriana. You've destroyed everything your father and I built... He'd be ashamed of the person you are today." My mother forcefully pushed everything on my drawers and in my desks onto the floor, creating an angry mess.

I screamed in anger. "You can't make me leave!"

She started throwing clothes from my closet on the ground in fury. "All of it! I want it all gone, everything dear 'Daddy' and I bought for your ungrateful self!"

My lip quivered, and my eyes stung with infuriation.

She stalked towards me, her eyes low and shining with unshed tears. "You're to be gone... by tomorrow."

My heart crushed, and at the same time, all my anger peaked.

"Get OUT! Get out now, I never want to see you again! LEAVE!" I broke down sobbing to my knees, the door slamming.

My fire was uncontrollable in this state and it poured out from me. I unleashed it as I cried into my hands. It burnt everything, from the mess on the floor, to the bed sheets, and licking at the paint on the wall. I didn't let it leave the room, so I was burning in my own quiet inferno. I didn't let it stop until I was completely burnt out; out of tears and out of Fire.

A knock on the door jolted me out of my trance and brought me back to my reality. I shook my head slightly and plastered a smile on my face, trying to forget. "Come in," my voice wavered a little.

A blonde haired girl with just a towel on popped her head through. "Is Billie here?" She eyed me in Billie's bed and looked around the room.

I shook my head. The girl sighed and muttered under her breath. "Just tell her Xia was looking for her, aight?" I'd probably end up forgetting but she didn't need to know that.

I nodded and Xia left to probably put some clothes on. I decided to get out of bed because I don't think Billie would appreciate me staying in it longer then I had to.

Classes started in an hour, at 8:00am. I wondered how early Billie had woken up and what she was doing right now.

I stepped into the shower and cleaned myself off before staring in the mirror at myself for a long time.

My waist-long shiny blonde hair was damp and my freckled cheeks were rosy from the steam. Certain lighting could make my vibrant 'golden' eyes seem dull, almost brassy yellow. I sighed and finished getting ready: the classy grey jeggings and white shirt. I dried my hair and tried to curl it before giving up.