07 | red lips

All around me bodies pressed and danced on each other, the music blaring loud in my ears

All around me bodies pressed and danced on each other, the music blaring loud in my ears. All the lights were red and low, in the vast space that was called 'the south'. It was a large underground area underneath the school that was notorious for its wild parties and fights.

I wished desperately that Billie would hold my hand, for some reason. Instead she moved past me towards a large group in a corner. As she approached they happily acknowledged her and all clamoured to get her attention. Billie glanced back at me and turned around, leaving me and Kayla on our own.

"Hey, let's dance! Come on," Kayla shouted over the loud music. She took my elbow and pushed us to the middle of the crowd, her eyes glistening with mischief.

I was wearing a casual tight white dress that hugged my body nicely. It was Kayla's that she let me borrow. She put her arms around my shoulders and swayed her hips to the fast beat, laughing wildly at my awkwardness. Other people were dancing and pushing against me so theta I stumbled in Kayla's arms.

Her eyes twinkled as she tightened her grip. "Come on Santana. Have some fun..."

The red lights illuminated her face and made her glow. Kayla's eyes found mine and she leaned in, her hands sliding down to my hips. Suddenly she pushed my hips forward so I was completely against her. Kayla's ruby red lips found my ear and kissed it gently.

"Let's dance, Sanny." Kayla whispered in my ear. I gulped and squirmed at her proximity and willed myself not to get angry that she was invading my space like this. She was Billie's sister-figure after all, I couldn't hurt her.

"What do you think you're doing?" An ice-cold voice cut clear and sharp through all the noise, I pushed Kayla away and whipped my head around.

It was Billie. And she was really angry by the looks of it. The lights were flashing on and off, it was hard for me to see everything clearly. Kayla looked like a deer in headlights as she opened her mouth to explain. I was just an on-looker.

"I-" Kayla's voice was cut off as Billie blinked and the lights turned off again. When the red lights flickered back on again, Kayla was standing there, frozen.

 When the red lights flickered back on again, Kayla was standing there, frozen