30 | rob a bank

vote to cure my depression. lol

"What should I wear later?" I spoke with my back to Billie

"What should I wear later?" I spoke with my back to Billie. She was swaying slowly in my desk chair with her foot on the seat and her eyes on her phone. She looked up briefly and flickered her blank eyes towards me.

"Whatever makes your ass look good, baby," Billie murmured as she typed something.

I smiled and rolled my eyes. I picked up a neon green latex dress and eyed it while putting my phone up to my ear.

"Hey," Lola's voice said through the phone. "You ready?"

I put the dress down to look at my current outfit one last time. Sweatpants. Thong. Cropped hoodie. Beanie. All black. "Yeah babes, I'll be down in a second."

I made sure I had my phone, key and pass before heading to the door.

"Woah, slow down mama. Where you going?" Billie said her voice low and questioning. "Dressed like you finna rob a bank?"

"I'm helping Lola with something."

She raised her perfectly arched eyebrows. "With what exactly?"

I sighed. "Well, I figured I'd help since I'm leaving soon..."

Billie rolled her eyes and slumped back in the chair. "Don't remind me."

I pulled the black beanie further down my ears. "She wants me to follow her to go sell to some guy."

She did a double take. Then widened her blue eyes silently asking me if I was for real. I shrugged in reply and Billie went slightly pink.

"Oh, babygirl you didn't just tell me that?" Her voice was high with incredulity.

I shrugged again.

"Do you realise- You know what? Hold up." Billie sprang up, her jaw set, her phone abandoned. She pulled up the crotch of her sweats and grabbed my hand, pulling me out the room.

Billie took me all the way across the school to the cafeteria where Lola was in complete silence. She's so dramatic.

But she looked incredibly hot in her matching graphic sweats and her hair all down and straightened. She had hoops in her ears as well and blue Gucci sneakers. I wonder what we look like to other people, I mean we're both easy on the eyes... Must be intimidating sometimes to look at us together.

Billie pushed the cafeteria doors open where a lot of students were still hanging around considering it was 8:21pm and dinner started an hour and a half ago.

Lola's green eyes were slightly confused with her curled hair framing her face that was smothered by a black beanie. "Twins", I mouthed as we approached and her confusion cleared for long enough to wink in approval at me.

"As I was saying. Do you realise how stupid y'all are being?" Billie's serious voice wiped the smile off my face as I tried to look serious myself. "Lola you don't even have a car. You know only people with cars can sell."

Lola shrugged and avoided my eyes - if she looked at me we would've burst out laughing at nothing- "I don't know man, Brandon said he can't make his meet up tonight so I'm going for him."

"Why'd you think taking my girlfriend would be good idea?"

Lola's lips scrunched up and she looked around at anything but Billie and I. She put her hand up to cover her face like that popular meme. "And I oop-"

"Oh my gosh," I breathed laughing silently.

Billie huffed at Lola but then turned to look at me. "Fuck, you too?" She mugged me.

"It's her fault!" I pointed at my best friend and did a full 180 to control my giggles. I closed my eyes and fanned myself. I was finally ready to be serious about this. I opened my eyes and what do I see?

Skank hoe #1 Athena Jenner.

In case you forgot who Athena is, here's a little recap: she's the bitch who runs the whack gang Cobra Spades and who my friends and I hate.

She was looking hoe-ish as ever in a 10cm black ribbed dress from 1-800-dress-a-hoe.com. Enough said.

Athena walked up to us slowly cause she's a snake so in theory she's not supposed to have legs; therefore she probably doesn't know how to use them properly. Hence the dramatic slow-motion catwalk.

Yes, these are the things I think of at night.

I squeezed Billie's shoulder and she turned round immediately pushing me slightly backwards and slinking her arms round my shoulders protectively. "Oh, it's just her," she said her hold loosening.

"So... trouble amongst y'all?" Athena said sickly sweet.

My hand rested on Billie's waist in anticipation. "What do you want?"

Athena sighed. "Oh nothing, just looked like y'all were having some issues. I thought I could help."

I clenched Billie's hoodie slightly. "I'm not fucking around when I say leave us alone. Seriously."

Lola walked up and put her arm round both Billie and I, popping her head in the middle. In that moment I was extremely grateful for her.

Athena's nose flared. "You didn't leave Kayla alone!"

Billie's eyes flashed. "Didn't you fucking hear her? Leave!"

Lola whispered something in Billie's ear and held her back by the palm of her hand. Billie was looking at Athena like she wanted to murder her.

"No! She was my girlfriend, and you killed her. Remember that, bitch?"

I think I almost gagged at that new information.

Billie shrugged both mine and Lola's hold off her body and stepped up to Athena. The height difference was big and to say the least... Billie's aura was heavily intimidating and daunting versus Athena's weak fake-confidence.

Her eyes were stormy but I could tell she was battling lots of emotions from the mention of her sister. Immense guilt washed over me.

"Kayla told me you were violent. So do it Billie. Hit me. Or whatever the fuck you like to do. Do it!" Athena whispered menacingly.

Lola side hugged my frame as we both watched. As the remaining student body watched yet another fight between the school's biggest rivals.

Billie's jaw clenched and she looked away still angry putting her hands in her pockets. She looked down one more time at Athena. I could see the impulse to hurt the girl cloud her thoughts.

"Billie," I said. She looked back at me her expression calm. I shook my head no. She exhaled and stepped back, then nodded her head for us to follow her.