16 | santa baby

At the beginning of chore period, I was called into a meeting room on the ground floor for my first therapy session

At the beginning of chore period, I was called into a meeting room on the ground floor for my first therapy session. Madam Lex told me it'd last for 30 minutes meaning I'd miss half of chore period, luckily.

The room was really cold but to be honest I was used to it by now, living with Billie. There was a really good looking middle aged lady with long wavy light brown hair and a striped pantsuit sat down at the desk.

She looked up when I came and offered me a smile before gesturing to the other seat. "Miss Angeles, it's my pleasure to meet you."

I blushed in embarrassment that I was actually in therapy and sat my ass down before I could run away.

"You can call me Santana, Miss..."

She fixed her glasses onto her face. "Just Helen, for now."

Helen smiled softly at me and we started the session promptly.

***

"Thanks Helen, for today." My expectations were very different to the reality. It turned out to be quite tolerable, although I found it a bit difficult to open up at first, we soon got into the hang of a normal-like conversation. It felt kind of like talking to a friend you haven't seen in a long time, so you have to explain things a bit more and be more detailed.

Helen told me some people really thrive in therapy from day one, and from the looks of it I was one of them. We talked about my mother and I's relationship, my dad passing away (which was really hard), my love of roofs and what that might say about my mental health, what I did to Kayla, my argument with Billie, what happened in Roseville...

I did feel a bit guilty that I had told a complete stranger some things I hadn't even dared to mention to any of my friends. Especially Lola, who was nothing but honest and kind to me.

I was planning on continuing with these sessions because they really did make me feel better in some weird way. It also got me out of cleaning for half an hour so.

"No problem, Santana. I hope to see you happier next week." Helen smiled. I grinned before leaving the room, feeling content with so many deeply held secrets off my chest for the first time in a long time.

When I got back to my dorm I was dreading having to clean the mess that was mine and Billie's room but was startled to find a gorgeous Korean girl perched on my bed

She had her hair in a high updo and was wearing all Adidas and sparkly chains and glittering earrings. She had thick brows like her sister and red tinted lips.

I was shocked but soon recovered. "Oh my god, you're Aspen right?" I said exclaimed in excitement. Excuse me for being happy to meet another new friend.

Aspen smiled widely and hugged me. "The one and only!"

Damn she smells good, I thought as we pulled away and sat on my bed.

"You're so pretty, like number two on my list of hot people," I said truthfully. Her family sure did have good genes cause Hester wasn't too bad herself.

Aspen put her hand on her heart in fake hurt. "Wow, who stole first place from me?"

I laughed and lowered my head in embarrassment. My ears went pink. "My roommate."

She gasped in realisation and slapped my shoulder lightly. "Oh gee, I should've known! Y'all are like, attached at the hip, right?"

"Well, we were..." I said a bit sadly.

"Wait what happened, I'm not really involved in your grade's drama." Aspen asked.

I furrowed my brows. "But aren't you in Black Valley?"

"Yeah but like, I'm a neutral member. Meaning I'm not really involved in it but I claim it."

I told her about Billie and I's argument and she gave me another warm ass hug. I lifted the mood as I didn't wanna keep talking about it.

"Hey how'd you even get here? I thought there's like teachers everywhere?" I asked leaning on the wall and sitting cross legged.

Aspen smirked mischievously and pulled a dustpan out from under my bed. "Walk around with this and you can get away with murder."

We both laughed and I slapped it playfully out her hand.

"Hey, I just thought of something! I'm gonna call you Santa Baby."

I face palmed myself and groaned. "Oh gosh, why?"

Aspen clapped her manicured hands in excitement. "Yes, because your nickname is literally Santa, so Santa Baby! It's literally perfect."

I laughed at her goofy ass seeing how her and Lola got along, seeing as they both had intense crackhead energy.

For some time we just hung out and got to know each other. I really liked Aspen as a friend and silently thanked Lola for being such a good friend and making me another one.

Aspen was telling me a funny story about how her entire grade had a roof party once at midnight and then had a feast with stolen cafeteria food, and the teachers never found out. She was a hilarious story teller, and I was in the middle of laughing my ass off when there was a knock on the open door.

I turned my head and looked at the door way and almost did a double take.

"Billie?"