18 | social butterfly

That week Billie and I spent almost every second with each other, more time together than we'd ever had before

That week Billie and I spent almost every second with each other, more time together than we'd ever had before. She skipped lessons less so we could see each other more; partnered with me in like every single project. She took me everywhere with her, introduced me to her some of her friends (I'd never be able to meet all of them, she literally has too many).

We got to know each other so well and for once in her life she actually let someone in.

I learned that she always wears a bandana cause she thinks her forehead's big, which is a lie; I learned about her past before this school; all her favourite things to do, when she said singing it really surprised me and I tickled/tortured her into serenading me.

I found out that Billie sits at at least 6 different cafeteria tables a week, because "I'm a social butterfly," is what she said with a cheeky smile.

Everyone noticed Billie was smiling more, laughing more, less moody and treating me with so much love. I was glad I was the one to make her that happy.

Once when we were skipping class and messing around in the empty assembly hall, Billie told me something that warmed my heart. She said it so casually that it caught me off guard, and I dropped the drink she bought me.

"Hey San," Billie said with nonchalance. "When you join Black Valley, wanna be my second?"

After my cold drink spilled on the floor I said, "B-But, what about Oceania? I swear she's already second?"

Billie shrugged. "It's bout time she stepped off, anyways."

I was shocked. "I guess?"

She grinned brightly and hooked my arm in hers. I leaned my head on her shoulder because she was unfortunately taller than me - only by a few inches! - and nuzzled in the comfort of her warmth. "Fantastic," Billie said still referring to her offer.

Sometimes, it was really hard to believe Billie now and the girl from last week were the same person. I noticed the cold, detached side would come out occasionally, when she was talking to someone she didn't like or dealing with her gang shit.

Billie also gave me a gift one day, sitting on her bed just after curfew.

"Open it," she had said softly, brushing my hair away from my face gently and placing it in my lap.

I smiled at her and grabbed her face, pressing my lips against hers swiftly. She responded immediately, putting the wrapped box aside and climbing on top of me, pushing me on top of her black sheets. Her hands steadily moved under her hoodie that I was wearing and reached just below my bra. She tugged it in annoyance and groaned into my lips as I pulled away and giggled.

"You're so annoying," she mumbled. I winked at her and pushed her off my body, grabbing the gift in excitement.

Billie watched with a small smile on her face as I ripped the paper and stared at the IPhone XR.