34 | bigger heart

y'all are finna hate me after this but it had to be done sorry

2 chapters left.

🦋.

Last night Lola crashed at ours after one of the best nights of my life

Last night Lola crashed at ours after one of the best nights of my life. It wasn't great because of the intense partying or the fact that I remained sober enough to have conscious fun. It was amazing because I spent one of my last nights in this place with two people I loved the most.

Speaking of, I woke up squished in the middle of them both. Billie was big spooning me with her hand on my head, almost like she fell asleep caressing my hair. Which, I thought, she probably did.

Lola was facing me with a toned, slim leg thrown over both Billie and I. I laughed in my head because if Billie was awake she would've slapped our best friend's leg away so fast.

I managed to complete the impossible by manoeuvring my way out the bed without waking them up. Billie just ended up rolling into the empty space and pulling Lola closer.

The time was 7:00am, it was a beautiful Saturday morning, and there was a black limousine parked outside the school, waiting for me.

My eyes teared up slightly as I pulled out my ready packed suitcase. My thoughts were whizzing round my head almost painfully as I pulled on a stolen pair of Billie's sneakers.

"Hey San," Billie whispered into the dark, her voice cautious.

I kissed her cheek softly in response.

"When you leave... don't say goodbye. Please."

I wasn't expecting her to say that. "Why?"

Billie's voice went thick and cracked slightly. "It'll make it harder for me to let you go."

I looked one last time at the two of them cuddled on the bed, completely oblivious in their sleep. I was sure when they would finally wake up, I'd be long gone.

***

I closed the door and came face to face with a surprised Aspen.

As always she looked stunning, like a goddess. She was wearing big hoops, a thick layer of gloss and a confused smile.

"What're you doing?" Aspen's pierced eyebrows shot up at the suitcase in my hand.

"I'm leaving the school," I gave her a watery smile.

"Oh my gosh," She pulled me into an abrupt but passionate hug. "You can't come here, steal everyone's hearts then leave!"

I laughed weakly.

***

"Hi Gerald," I spoke softly as I sat in the comfortable seat. The entire ride 'home' I thought about how I managed to find my soulmate in a boarding school I wasn't even at for six months; and about how I left with a bigger heart than I went in with.