11 | mi amor

I woke up exhausted and hungry

I woke up exhausted and hungry. My bones ached with fatigue and I had no energy. It surprised me to see that I was in Billie's bed, with her duvet wrapped around me. I remember passing out from exhaustion yesterday afternoon after the incident; my best guess was that Billie carried me to our room and put me to bed.

As per usual she wasn't in the room. The clock said it was 7:34. I wondered what it was she did every morning. I knew she was a gang leader so, shit to do with that I guess?

Slowly I got out of bed and got ready for school in a zombie-like manner. I put my hair in a messy bun and lazily slathered some gloss I found before leaving.

"Hiding?" I said softly

Billie was sat on the concrete ground of the Southern Roof, looking lost in thought. When she heard my voice she looked up at me, a small smile on her face. She patted the space next to her and I sat down.

Billie didn't say anything for a while. We locked eyes in the silence and I watched her drink in my face, like it was the last time she'd be seeing it.

Billie breathed in sharply, like she just made her mind up about something, before taking my hand in hers. An intricate frost design swirled from her hand to mine. It felt like a hundred tiny porcupines tickling my skin, but it still felt good.

"Actually, I was waiting for you to find me." Billie said. Her eyes upon initial glance looked ice-cold - emotionless and void of life - but I had looked at them enough times to see past that. I could see the emotion if I looked deeper, past the front she put up.

"I'm so sorry that killing your sister might've upset you, or anybody else."

Billie sighed and squeezed my hand gently. "I don't really care. She was gonna die eventually anyways. You're fine."

"But I don't regret doing it." It's true. I don't regret what I did because it was well deserved. It wasn't my first time attacking and killing someone out of anger and I knew deep down it wouldn't be my last. I was sorry that she was Billie's family, and that I gave Billie that pain, but never sorry for what I did. Never.