22 | no promises

I think Billie made it known that if I joined Black Valley I'd be her second which was very sweet of her, so everybody in the lounge room was celebrating how a country does when a new monarch takes the throne

Lola had come to sit next to me to say congratulations and tell me about everyone in the gang when I felt Billie's body tense beneath me.

She had been talking to Oceania quietly for at least 2 minutes when Nia's voice raised slightly and Billie got annoyed. Lola and I were the only ones who had noticed.

"I'm fucking confused though! I don't understand, Billie!" Nia said heatedly waving her hands around.

Billie blew out a frustrated breath. "You don't need to understand anything, idiot. And you know better than to call me Billie."

Oceania got up quickly and stood in-front of the both of us. Her finger pointed at me rudely.

"It's that bitch's fault! What on Earth makes her better than me?"

Billie sighed. I felt her tap my thigh twice and I automatically got up. She stood up to her full height and pushed me slightly behind her.

I think by now people realised some more shit was going on and got quiet again. Lola stood next to me and held my hand, to be honest I think it was more for Nia's sake than mine cause lord knows I'm unpredictable.

"What did you just call her?" Billie's voice was icy and she was giving Nia a mean stare.

Nia looked away from Billie cause she felt too intimidated and shot me nasty look. "How many times did you have to fuck before she let you steal my place, bitch?"

My jaw dropped and I was about to beat the bitch up when she screwed up even more. She pushed past Billie and gave me a huge shove so I fell to the floor. Lola gasped and helped me up but held me back from retaliating. The only reason she even got past Billie was cause my bae didn't even think this bitch would have the audacity to try anything.

Billie's eyes flashed in rare anger and she reacted immediately. She regained her balance and pushed Oceania so hard she hit her head on the floor and the back of her head started bleeding. When Nia touched the gash and saw her fingers were red with blood, she was about to attack Billie but several others held the bitch back.

The tips of Billie's fingers went blue. I saw a glimpse of her rare, dangerous and deadly side flash quickly on her face. "Don't touch my girlfriend, ever bitch. And watch your fucking mouth 'fore some shit happens and you've said your last words." Her voice was venomous.

Xia, who I've realised is one fake ass girl pulled Oceania up and they walked away to the sound of people booing like this was an NFL game.

My heart was still beating fast and I was planning on getting my revenge when Lola squeezed my hand and gestured to Billie.

I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her body. "Thanks baby," I said.

Billie turned around in my arms and looked at me with raised eyebrows. "That's the first time you've ever called me a pet name."

"Don't get used to it," I said and gave her a phat kiss.

Later that night Billie and I were both in our dorm and I was talking to her about my therapy session earlier that day

Later that night Billie and I were both in our dorm and I was talking to her about my therapy session earlier that day. "So Helen told me I have to recognise when m- Billie, are you listening? Is something wrong?"

Her gaze had shifted to look at my neck. There was a weird glint in her eyes that made me slightly uncomfortable. My hands subconsciously touched my neck.

"Look in the mirror," Billie's voice was low. I frowned and turned to the mirror to see what had got her acting so weird. I gasped.

There was a bright red ring around my neck where the skin was irritated. I thought back to how I could've gotten it and then it clicked.

I mean, did the bitch really strangle me that hard?

I suddenly understood why Billie was acting so strange. I looked her in the eyes firmly. "Billie."

"I know that look on your face."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Her guarded expression didn't change.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "Don't do what I think you're gonna do."

Billie sighed and flipped her hair over. I could still see the wheels turning in her head.

"No promises."