Chapter 16

*Alana pov*

I was awoken by Jacob running into my room and jumping on my bed.

"Yes, "I said whilst getting up and rubbing my eyes.

"You need to get up and get dressed ! I'm taking you out!" He said excitedly .

"It's only 10am! Are you crazy!" I said playfully hitting him then putting my glasses on.

He giggled and skipped out of my room shutting the door.

I got up and hopped into my wardrobe, I didn't have a shower because I had one the night before.

I chose out black jeans and a tie dye muscle tee with Taylor Caniff written on it, which I stole from one of my friends in England. I also had a read bralette under it.

I went into the bathroom, washed my teeth , put on mascara and threw my hair into a messy bun.

I decided to wear my red vans today so I went downstairs to get them.

Once I got down I was greeted by Jacob who rushed me.

I slipped on my shoes and hopped in the car.

My mum was driving and Jacob got shotgun so I was in the back.

Me and Jacob got out at an abandoned house type thing and thanked my mum.

"Why are we here?"

"I wanna take you to a haunted house!"

"What?" I shouted.

"Come on it'll be fun."

"Why , it's not Halloween or anything."

"So!" He said as he dragged my arm and pulled me through the big front doors.

We entered and just stood there, taking in what was in front of us.

There was a grand stair case, and on the wall was a portrait of a creepy looking family.

"I'm not getting good vibes right now" I said grabbing Jacobs arm.

He just laughed at me and walked into the next room.

We entered a room which looked like a dining room. The only light was from the sun, and it was shining right on a chair which was different to the others. They were all really big but this one was giant.

I heard a creek behind me and turned around. Nothing was there.

I turned back into Jacob's direction and he was gone.

"Jacob" I shouted, getting worried.

I walked into the next room and the door slammed behind me. I quickly turned and there was no one there to shut it.

"Jacob this isn't funny. " I said whilst trying to open the door.

The room I was in looked like a family room, it was quite dark because there was only a small window to let light in.

 I took out my phone to call Jacob but I had no connection.

I walked around trying to get bars until the fire suddenly lit.

I stood the with fear .

I heard a door open and looked.

It was a door on the other side of the room to the one I came in.

There was a bright light so I figured it lead me outside.

I quickly ran through the door and it shut once again. This time there was someone in the room.

The person was facing away from me.

He was wearing a big hoodie so I couldn't see hair colour or anything.

"H-hello" I said shaking once again.

"Hey" He said.

I recognized his voice.

"HAYES?" I shouted with joy in my voice.

He turned and faced me, he had a key in his hand. I slowly walked towards him.

"Can we get out of here please?" I asked,

"Okay, follow me" He said and he guided me out of another door.

We were in a tiny room with two doors. We went out of the door that we didn't come in.

It brought us back to where I started, the stair case.

Hayes went in front and started walking up the stairs.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Come, I have a surprise"

"Uh-okay " I said and followed him.

He lead me into a room and it was massive.

On one of the walls was writing which read:

I'm sorry

I looked at Hayes confused.

"Look, I'm sorry, Jacob explained everything to me last night. I don't know why I went back to Chloe, I was stupid. And I brought you here because I thought it was cool. I'm not crazy okay." He said the last bit laughing.

"No. I should've explained who Jacob is, speaking of Jacob, where is he?"

"Oh he left"

"Oh ok"

We just stay in that room for a while talking, Hayes had brought a picnic type thing.

Around an hour later we were just talking and laughing.

"I like us" Hayes said.

"What do you mean"

"I like me and you, spending time together, being together."

"So do I"

"Alana, would you like to go out with me?" He asked with pleading eyes.

"no." I said, his smile turned into a frown.

"What?" He said.

"No i wouldn't like to."

"Well that's not the answer I was expecting "

He finished his sentence and we went silent, music suddenly started playing from the other room.

We both looked at each other, out the door then back at each other.

We quickly got all out stuff and ran out of the room and down the stairs.

As we were running down the stairs I said to Hayes in between breathes.

"I'd love to go out with you." He smiled and grabbed my hand, making me run faster.

We ran out of the house and Nash's van was there we stopped at his van and looked at each other confused.

We heard someone walk out of the house behind us and we saw Nash and Jacob laughing their heads off walking towards us.

"That was you two!" I said playfully hitting Jacob.

"Yup" They both said in unison.

We all got in the car and drove to Hayes' house.

A/N Idk if I should update once a day or twice every two days.

It all depends on school tbh. But I'm not gonna stop writting the book just because of school so don't worry!!