2

ᴹᵒᵐᵐʸ, ʷʰʸ ᵈᵒ ⁱ ᶠᵉᵉˡ ˢᵃᵈ?ˢʰᵒᵘˡᵈ ⁱ ᵍⁱᵛᵉ ʰⁱᵐ ᵃʷᵃʸ ᵒʳ ᶠᵉᵉˡ ᵗʰⁱˢ ᵇᵃᵈ?"ᴺᵒ, ⁿᵒ, ⁿᵒ, ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜʰᵒᵏᵉ"ᴰᵃᵈᵈʸ ᶜʰⁱᵐᵉᵈ ⁱⁿ, "ᴳᵒ ᶠᵒʳ ᵗʰʳᵒᵃᵗ"

ˢʰᵒᵘˡᵈ ⁱ ᵍⁱᵛᵉ ʰⁱᵐ ᵃʷᵃʸ ᵒʳ ᶠᵉᵉˡ ᵗʰⁱˢ ᵇᵃᵈ?
"ᴺᵒ, ⁿᵒ, ⁿᵒ, ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜʰᵒᵏᵉ"
ᴰᵃᵈᵈʸ ᶜʰⁱᵐᵉᵈ ⁱⁿ, "ᴳᵒ ᶠᵒʳ ᵗʰʳᵒᵃᵗ"

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

They were driving on the highway with a man (Y/N) didn't recognize in the backseat, but didn't speak on it. She somewhat trusted the two Avengers. He played the tough guy, but saw passed his exterior. He was a mama's boy suck-up deep down.

''Hydra doesn't like leaks,'' he said, earning an eye roll to come from both the woman in the car. ''So why don't you try kicking a cork in it and let me do what I do best?" she sassed to him, ultimately silencing him for the time being.

Natasha moved upward right beside Steve's ear. ''Insight's launching in 16 hours. We're cutting in a little close here,'' the redhead said.

(Y/N) let the conversation draw out, her attention now focused on the road ahead of her until she felt that something was off. As a street racer, you always had to be observant around the world around you so you wouldn't get killed in action.

Her eyes drew to the rearview mirror. Nothing was abnormal, just regular cars driving just like she was. So what was itching at her? Maybe her mind was just playing tricks on her?

Your instincts never lie.

A large weight slammed on the roof of the car, causing (Y/N) to swerve slightly in between lanes. She had to resist the urge to throw up when the window glass broke and the guy with glasses was thrown out the window. She hadn't missed when the blood splattered onto a truck that was passing.

''There's a glock in the glove box,'' (Y/N) said quickly. She swerves to the side once more as Natasha maneuvered herself to the front. A silent blessing came from (Y/N) and Sam when a bullet flew right past her face.

Suddenly coming to her senses, she slammed on the breaks. The weight that was once on top of the vehicle was gone as whoever was on it had gotten thrown forward.

Normally, someone would have broken or strained some sort of bone or muscle in their body at that kind of impact, but not this guy.

Damn, he was in good shape, though.

Shut up. This is a life or death situation here.

She didn't have any more time to think as they were rammed from behind, pushing the car forward towards the man in an all-black combat outfit with a visual metal arm.