24

ᴬⁿᵈ ᵃˢ ᴵ ˡᵃⁱᵈ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ ʰᵉˡᵖˡᵉˢˢˡʸ

ᴬ ᵐⁱˡˡⁱᵒⁿ ᵈⁱᶠᶠᵉʳᵉⁿᵗ ᵗʰᵒᵘᵍʰᵗˢ ᶜᵃᵐᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵐᵉ

⊱ ──── 《∘◦●◦∘》 ──── ⊰

JANUARY

''Stop whining.''

''I'm not whining.''

''Yes, you are.''

''No, I'm not.''

(Y/N) crossed her arms she leaned against the wall, a frown of her face as she did so. ''You're just power-hungry,'' she told him.

Winter rolled his eyes. ''You're acting like a child,'' he told her, walking over to place a hand on her head. ''I can do this myself,'' he tried to tell her.

The woman sighed. ''At least let me treat your wounds,'' she ordered, the familiar tone not one to play with, he learned. Winter grunted in annoyance but went to take a seat anyway.

(Y/N) went to grab the first aid kit while Winter took off the dark shirt he was wearing. Though the wound wasn't deep enough for stitches, she didn't hesitate to treat him anyway.

As she began to work, he tossed his head back, looking around the hotel room they were in. They'd move out of Albania and back up Serbia. The anxiousness of heading to Romania again was present in both of them.

''Who'd you manage to get into a fight with this time?" she asked, cooing softly when she'd pour the rubbing alcohol over to wound to clean it. He brushed it off.

''A few Hydra agents outside a bar. Nothing I couldn't handle,'' he grunted. (Y/N) nodded, knowing that as long as he didn't say anything else, she wouldn't get anything else.

''What's the plan for today?" she asked, making sure the bandage was on good enough before their eyes met. Hers were basically pleading with him. ''Can I go into town?" she asked hesitantly.

Winter was expecting it that day, and there it was. Ever since she'd gotten shot, he'd been more protective over her. Not wanting to go through another near-death experience, it'd become only one of his priorities to shield her from harm.

''No,'' he finalizes, the word (Y/N) had become oh so familiar with made her frown. ''It's too dangerous,'' he said to her. The woman scoffed. ''Didn't I beat your ass once?"

A brief, unnoticeable smile ran across his face. ''It won't happen again,'' he assured her, trying to take her mind off of the fact that she couldn't go into town.

It didn't work.

''But will it kill you to let me go outside?" she asked. ''We're fine for the most part a no one suspects a thing,'' she pleaded. ''Pretty please? With kitty eyes?" she asked with a pout, holding Nico in his face.