23

ʸᵒᵘ ᵃʳᵉ ᵃˡˡ ᴵ ˡᵒⁿᵍ ᶠᵒʳᴬˡˡ ᴵ ʷᵒʳˢʰⁱᵖ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵃᵈᵒʳᵉᴵⁿ ᵒᵗʰᵉʳ ʷᵒʳᵈˢ, ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ᵇᵉ ᵗʳᵘᵉᴵⁿ ᵒᵗʰᵉʳ ʷᵒʳᵈˢ, ᴵ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ʸᵒᵘ

ᴬˡˡ ᴵ ʷᵒʳˢʰⁱᵖ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵃᵈᵒʳᵉ
ᴵⁿ ᵒᵗʰᵉʳ ʷᵒʳᵈˢ, ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ᵇᵉ ᵗʳᵘᵉ
ᴵⁿ ᵒᵗʰᵉʳ ʷᵒʳᵈˢ, ᴵ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ʸᵒᵘ

⊱ ──── 《∘◦●◦∘》 ──── ⊰

Stress wasn't something that the soldier was used to, but it would be said that it was causing his anxiety to soar through the roof.

Fear probably had something to play into it, too. When he saw (Y/N) fall backward, it sparked the said emotion that he had never felt before. He was sure he didn't like the way it felt, either.

It felt dangerous.

All his life, that was the world and felling he got out of things. Whether it actually being in danger or near danger. Fear felt like an emotion that could mix in with any emotion known to him without a problem and he didn't want that.

A small groan snapped him back to reality in the present hour. Looking slightly upward, he saw (Y/N). Her eyes were just opening and when he got a good look at them, they were glazed over with pain and sleep as she struggled to stay awake.

''I'm almost done,'' he said lowly and calming, almost like talking to a deer you find wandering around in the forest and you want it to stay with you. She'd fainted before and he took that time to get the bullet out of her. Now he was stitching her up. (Y/N) winced, almost flinching away when the cold needle registered against her skin.

Her glassy eyes darted around the room back and forth, but she could probably make out be so much. A few small noises and whimpers of pain came from her before her fingers found their way into his dark brown hair, pulling lightly before she spoke.

''Where are we?'' she asked. When the question came out of her mouth, she said it so low that the soldier hardly recognized her. He looked up at her to make sure she was okay before looking back down to the stitches.

''A small cabin a few miles out of Albania,'' he told her honestly. He found no point lying to her when she would hardly remember their conversation after she went back to sleep. Winter ordered (Y/N) to sit up slightly so he could wrap her torso in bandages.

(Y/N) obliged, only a small whine coming out of her mouth as she did so. Her dazed eyes watched his swift and gentle movements, taking in as much as she could with her hazed mind before they soon slipped away from memory.

When Winter finished, he carefully pulled her off of the couch, not wanting to disturb or undo the stitches, nor cause much pain for (Y/N).

A small oh came from her as she rested her head against his chest. It was followed by a small giggle and a dopey smile graced of her face.

''I'm alive, right?'' she asked randomly, ''because your heartbeat sounds really alive right now,'' she yawned. Winter concluded that she probably the same way drunk, and if she wasn't, she was the opposite.

''You're alive, I'm sure of that,'' he told her, carrying her all the way to the bedroom. He made sure to push the blankets aside for her before placing her on the mattress, pulling the covers over her as he did so.

Before he could turn around and leave, a lazy hand with a slightly firm grip wrapped itself around his wrist. Looking back, (Y/N)'s half-lidded eyes met his, the dopey smile still on her face.

''Stay with me, please?" the woman begged tiredly. Despite her clouded consciousness, it didn't hesitate to say what it wanted. Grunting, he got into the bed next to her, slightly pulling the blankets over himself though he didn't need it.

As soon as he did so, (Y/N)'s arms wrapped themselves around his own torso, her head resting on his upper chest so that she could nuzzle into his neck if she wanted to.

''Thank you, soldier,'' she mumbled, finding herself drifting off before she could get a reply. It seemed to be easy as she laid down next to him.

When her breath evened out, indicating that she was asleep, he brought his flesh hand (that was surprisingly not gloved) to the side of her head, running his fingers through her hair, The warmth that she radiated lured him into a high and soothing stun. The smallest sigh came from him.

A small nap wouldn't hurt both of them at all, anyway.

☆↞↠☆

It was the sun that shined brightly even through the blinds that woke her up in the first place. From the unwanted light, a small whine came from the back of her throat.

(Y/N) was fully aware of the stitches she had, as well as the bandages. Carefully, she sat up and made her way out of the slightly large bed.

Though she didn't know where she was at all, she knew Winter had probably taken her here. He was the last memory that came to mind from hours before, anyway.

Her eyes and curious mind didn't decide to wander around the place this time. Instead, she used her nose while her feet dragged her to the kitchen where a sandwich and tea sat there.

She leant against the counter to eat her sandwich in silence as she looked out of the window. Had she slept for the whole day or was it already mid-day?

A yelp and jump came from her as arms wrapped around her, slipping under the large shirt she was wearing to feel around her torso and carefully check her stitched.

Tensed muscles relaxed when she realized who it was, the cold burn from Winter's metal arm touching against her bare flesh. There was no need to be alerted at the moment. He would protect her anyway, having much more need to while she was in this state. A weight rested on her shoulder as she set down her tea.

''Soldier?" she asked, almost about to turn away before he hummed lowly. ''Are you okay?" she questioned and she heard another grunt.

Suddenly, she was turned around to face him. His eyes ran over her, checking for any bruises on her face and ingrained each of her features into memory almost as if he didn't he wouldn't remember her at all. His eyes met hers, burning with worry and something tender.

''You're alive. That's all I ask of you to keep doing.''

⊱ ──── 《∘◦●◦∘》 ──── ⊰
babybluejeans©️

⊱ ──── 《∘◦●◦∘》 ──── ⊰babybluejeans©️