8

ᴾˡᵃʸ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵐᵉ ᵐʸ ˡᵒᵛᵉᴵⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵘᵐᵉʳ ˢᵘⁿ ᴵ'ˡˡ ᵇᵉ ʷᵃⁱᵗⁱⁿᵍ ⁱᵗʸᵒᵘʳ ᶠᵃᵛᵒʳⁱᵗᵉ ᶜʰᵉˢʰⁱʳᵉ ᵍʳⁱⁿ

ᴵⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵘᵐᵉʳ ˢᵘⁿ
ᴵ'ˡˡ ᵇᵉ ʷᵃⁱᵗⁱⁿᵍ ⁱᵗ
ʸᵒᵘʳ ᶠᵃᵛᵒʳⁱᵗᵉ ᶜʰᵉˢʰⁱʳᵉ ᵍʳⁱⁿ

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

The Avengers wasn't a regular group of people. Anybody in the whole world could tell you that. It wasn't hard for them to get in awkward situations, but this? This was awkward.

''She's just... an agent they know,'' Tony said hesitantly as he saw Sam spin the woman with (H/C) hair in the air who responded with a squeal.

''Yeah, a very special agent,'' Pietro mocked as he saw Steve hug her by the waist and Natasha let her place a kiss on her cheek.

Clint was upstairs with (Y/N), the Twins, and Banner. Luckily, and surprisingly, she had everything that they would've had and needed the medbay back at the tower.

''What is this?" Tony asked with his arms folded around himself as a mini shield from human contact. Steve rubbed at the back of his neck.

''A friend. She helped us out when SHIELD fell,'' the supersoldier told Stark. Tony raised a questioning eyebrow at the blonde.

''You seem to be more than friends with her,'' he scoffed, but before anyone else in the room could respond, footsteps were heard from upstairs descending down.

''Sorry about that,'' Bruce said. The gloves that he was wearing were stained a deep red as the Twins and Clint followed him.

''You shouldn't even be up right now,'' Natasha said to the ex-assassin, but the dirty blonde shrugged it off as he sat on one of the large couches in the living room.

''You're lucky he got here on time,'' a new voice said as they came down the stairs. ''I'm guessing you only had 2 more hours before you would've bled out.''

Eyes snapped to the woman with (S/C) skin and (H/C) hair that was pulled up into a messy bun, strands sticking out. Blood was staining her once baby blue jeans, but it didn't bother her at the moment. Laundry would suck as later, though.

The room went quiet as she made her way over to the kitchen, fixing her a glass of 'water' before moving over to the group.

''You guys are either nervous about meeting me or terrified because I look like I just exploded someone into pieces.''

You have, dipshit.

(Y/N) missed the way Wanda lightly flinched as a smirk appeared on her face. ''Should I go for the latter?" she asked.

''They aren't in one of your playful moods, (Y/N),'' Sam told her. (Y/N) rolled her eyes. ''You clearly underestimate me all the time, Wilson.''

Wanda shook her head as she stared at (Y/N). ''Excuse me, but who are you? We've never really heard of you,'' the female Maximoff asked as her brother stood beside her protectively.

(Y/N)'s (E/C) eyes bore into Wanda's brown ones as she placed her glass of vodka down, then holding her hand out to her.

''(Y/N) (L/N). No one special, just a friend of the nutjob,'' she said, jabbing her thumb back towards Sam.

The woman in front of (Y/N) smiled softly, earning a smile back from the woman herself.

She has a pretty smile, don't you think (Y/N)?

''Hey,'' the Stark in the room spoke up. ''What kind of gal are you?" he asked (Y/N) who tilted her head questioningly and blinked.

''What do you mean by that?" ''I'm just saying, are you a Sunset type of girl or no? I don't think I can say you're an angel.''

The corner of the woman's lips went upward. ''Nah, kind of a Joker's or Spencer's girl, you know?''

Tony smirked knowingly. ''A wild one? I'm done with that.'' (Y/N) rolled her eyes, but a laugh had escaped her.

"What are they talking about?" Steve asked the redhead that was seated right beside him. ''Porn stores,'' Natasha answered, enjoying the way Steve's face flushed.

(Y/N)'s eyes flickered around the room, only then to realized that the Avengers that were in her house, sitting on her couch.

''Uh, do you guys want anything to eat?"

☆↞↠☆

(Y/N) had a quick shower, changing out of her blood-stained clothes before arriving back to the main floor of her home. She was just finishing up putting the food on the table before calling the group of people in.

To say that they burst into the dining room would be an understatement. The blonde-haired speedster was the first to enter, followed by the red android phasing through her walls.

It sort of reminded her of when Steve and Natasha were at her house in New York for the first time. It was the same but just less... enchancy.

Is that even a word?

Shut up, she snapped to herself. (Y/N) could hear a snicker of laughter come from the mind reader, but didn't speak on it as she smiled.

''Hope you guys like this. It's not much,'' (Y/N) told them. The team looked at her dumbfounded, besides Sam and Natasha.

''Not much? It's almost like you made all of this just for us,'' Bruce exclaimed when (Y/N) shrugged her shoulders. The food that was in front of them could be compared to the large amount of food that they eat in 1 month alone.

''Do you all remember that one time when Sam and I went to Cali for a week and came back with 30 different pies?'' the redhead assassin said.

It didn't faze (Y/N). It was just one of the many things that she did when she had the time or was bored in general. On most occasions, Wade would be helping her out just because.

It was regular for the android in the room to be wary of a person entering his life for the first time, but something was just off for him.

''I have some spare rooms upstairs. I'm pretty lenient on rules because I tend to not follow them myself, but just not to break anything, hm?" (Y/N) told them, stuffing food into her mouth.

One this was for sure.

(Y/N) was not ready to take care of the Avengers.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙
𝙰𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚗𝙸𝚜𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝙽𝚘𝚘𝚋𝚜©️

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙𝙰𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚗𝙸𝚜𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝙽𝚘𝚘𝚋𝚜©️