7

ᴵᵗ ʷᵃˢ ᵃ ᵇᵃᵈ ⁱᵈᵉᵃ ᶜᵃˡˡⁱⁿᵍ ʸᵒᵘ ᵘᵖᵂᵃˢ ˢᵘᶜʰ ᵃ ᵇᵃᵈ ⁱᵈᵉᵃᴵ'ᵐ ᵗᵒᵗᵃˡˡʸ ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵉᵈ

ᴵᵗ ʷᵃˢ ᵃ ᵇᵃᵈ ⁱᵈᵉᵃ
ᶜᵃˡˡⁱⁿᵍ ʸᵒᵘ ᵘᵖ
ᵂᵃˢ ˢᵘᶜʰ ᵃ ᵇᵃᵈ ⁱᵈᵉᵃ
ᴵ'ᵐ ᵗᵒᵗᵃˡˡʸ ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵉᵈ

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

2015

''There better be a good reason why I was called here,'' the one and only Tony Stark said as he entered the conference room, a bag of blueberries in his hands.

Fury rolled his eyes at the billionaire's remark. ''Why yes, because we all love your fashionably late appearances to these meetings,'' he sarcastically said to him.

Tony scoffed, but we took a seat at the large round table filled with the Avengers. One of his eyebrows arched perfectly when he saw Sam.

''So we're just letting anybody in here? Might as well just invite Cheryl on the first floor. Who are you?" Stark asked, holding his hand out towards him.

''Sam took it in his, shaking it firmly. ''Sam Wilson, Falcon, or whatever,'' he said, shrugging his shoulders.

''Tony Stark, Ironman. You know, genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist,'' he responded with that snarky Stark humor.

Getting tired of all the interaction and the situation, Fury threw down a cream-colored folder down on the table in front of the team.

The redhead assassin in the room too in her hands quickly, skipping through the papers as Steve's eyes scanned over them over her shoulder.

''Bulgaria? I'm sorry, I didn't think that we were welcomed back in Europe anymore,'' Steve said towards Fury, himself now holding the folder in his hands.

Maria cleared her throat as she stepped forward. ''Ever since we found out that Hydra still exists, we've been trying to eliminate them the best we can and we can't do that by ourselves.

We found one of their main bases thanks to the Stark tech that's stationed there. You all will need to clear it out, grab the intel we need, and destroy it,'' she finalized.

''All of us?" a voice from the corner of the room said. Eyes were on Wanda Maximoff who looked at the director with piercing brown eyes.

Everyone knew what she meant by that. Ever since Ultron, people, especially the media, didn't like the fact that 'Hydra freaks' were supposed to help protect their world, no matter how much the Twins had helped.

''Yes, all of you Ms. Maximoff,'' Maria stated, a smile now set on the Sokavian woman's features.

''Avengers... Assemble''

☆↞↠☆

''I knew that was a bad idea.''

''I didn't tell you to shoot a hole in the wall!''

''You implied it.''

''Heavily. You know he's a Stark,'' Natasha said towards Bruce who was arguing with Tony.

In response to the team going to the Hydra base for intel, it resulted in hundreds of Hydra agents pouring out of the building, injuring Clint along the way when Tony blasted a hole into one of the walls.

''Was it really worth it?' Clint panted as he held pressure onto his side, glaring at Tony when he waved a flash drive in his hands.

''Clearly,'' Steve said, rolling his eyes. ''He'll bleed out before we can make it back to the Tower even if Bruce helps. We need to get him to a hospital or somewhere we can stabilize him.''

Sam nodded towards Steve as he pulled out his phone out of his pocket. He talked on the phone briefly, before ending the call.

''Bruce? Take us to Southern Romania.''

·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

"This is very stupid,'' Wade said, pacing back in forth in the living room in [Y/N]'s home, stilling dressed fully in his suit.

It was a large log cabin, but looked and felt more like a mansion. It was one of the few homes that stuck out in the town they lived in, costing a fortune. The upside was that it was quite a few ways from the town itself, giving her and Wade about an acre of land.

Wade wasn't a type of person to settle down for a domestic lifestyle, but he was adjusting to it well with (Y/N) pretty well.

Until now.

''It's just Sam; you've met him before. What's wrong now?" [Y/N] asked, running her fingers down Nico's spine who purred contently from the contact.

''Oh, I'm sorry that he basically HATES me and wants to gut me alive. You don't see the way he looked at me! Why? I don't know. The man's basically your brother.''

He wasn't wrong about that. Sam had always been close with [Y/N] since their army days. [Y/N] became a worrisome mother hen to Sam, while he became an older brother to her.

Before she could respond back to the mercenary, a loud rumble from the front of the home, causing Wade's eyes to widen from behind the mask.

''No, I'm not dealing with this!" he yelled, running up the large wooden staircase. he didn't really care for his antics as someone knocked on the door, but what she did care as she saw him go towards her room.

''Wait, why my room?!"

''Sam wouldn't go in your room. He's scared you'll kill him!''

''You should be scared I'll kill you!"' she yelled back, but couldn't help the smile that appeared on her face before she stood out of her seat, placing Nico on the ground.

Opening the front door, before she could even greet Sam, she was lifted off of the ground and twirled around in the air, causing her to squeal.

''Well hello to you too,'' she said to Sam after her feet were back on solid ground. The smile that was once of her face fell as she noticed the quinjet and grime he was covered in.

A soft sigh left her lips as she closed her eyes. ''Sammy... you told me that you were visiting. Not this,'' she said, a bit angered but lowly as her index and thumb met the bridge of her nose.

''Come on, sweetcheeks,'' he said, that sheepishly smile creeping onto his features just like they did when SHIELD had gotten compromised.

''We need a place to lie low.''

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙
𝙰𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚗𝙸𝚜𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝙽𝚘𝚘𝚋𝚜©️

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙𝙰𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚗𝙸𝚜𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝙽𝚘𝚘𝚋𝚜©️