28

ᴱᵛᵉʳʸ ˢᵘⁿᵈᵃʸ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗᵗⁱⁿᵍ ᵐᵒʳᵉ ᵇˡᵉᵃᵏᴬ ᶠʳᵉˢʰ ᵖᵒⁱˢᵒⁿ ᵉᵃᶜʰ ʷᵉᵉᵏ"ᵂᵉ ʷᵉʳᵉ ᵇᵒʳⁿ ˢⁱᶜᵏ"ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵉᵃʳᵈ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ˢᵃʸ ⁱᵗ

ᴬ ᶠʳᵉˢʰ ᵖᵒⁱˢᵒⁿ ᵉᵃᶜʰ ʷᵉᵉᵏ
"ᵂᵉ ʷᵉʳᵉ ᵇᵒʳⁿ ˢⁱᶜᵏ"
ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵉᵃʳᵈ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ˢᵃʸ ⁱᵗ

⊱ ──── 《∘◦●◦∘》 ──── ⊰

(Y/N) put her the last of her bags into the truck, sighing as she shut it closed. She heard footsteps from behind her. 

''Tired already?" James said, holding a few blankets for the backseat in one of his arms. Turning around, she saw the sly smirk resting across his face.

''Not everybody's built like you, Muscle Man,'' she huffed, earning a laugh from James. ''Muscle Man? Is that the best insult you can come up with?" he teased. 

(Y/N) moved to sit on a chair that was in front of the hotel as James placed the blankets neatly on the backseat. ''You're a bully, is what I should've said,'' she said to him, crossing her arms over her chest. 

James raised an eyebrow as he stared at her. ''Are we seriously doing this again?" he asked. She made a hmph noise as she closed her eyes and nodded her head. 

"Princess...'' he drew out, walking over to her before crouching in front of the woman. ''We need to start getting on the road,'' he said in a sickenly sweet voice. (Y/N) didn't give in.

Instead, she stuck her tongue out at the century-old man. ''What are you gonna do about it grandpa?" she said with a smirk. 

Before she could open her eyes to see his reactions, she was tossed over his shoulder, making her squeal out. ''What the hell? Put me down!'' she laughed, hitting his back playfully. Ooo, nice ass, she thought. 

James chuckled, carrying her still as he made his way to the black Impala, Axel carrying Nico by his scruff as they followed behind them. 

''I could've done that myself,'' she huffed as James sat her down in the passenger's seat, but automatically raised her arms, as he put her seatbelt on, saying thank you to him quietly. 

''Yet you seemed to enjoy being manhandled,'' he said teasingly once more, chuckling quietly when (Y/N) turned and looked at the window. ''Shut up,'' she mumbled. 

Nico and Axel piled into the back seat, the Belgian dog barking slightly as he nudged Nico with his snout. (Y/N) internally awwed at the sight.

''So where are we going now?" she asked James as he got in the car, hopping in her seat slightly. He seemed to still for a second before responding. 

''I plan on taking us up North and to do that, we have to Hungary,'' he said with a frown.

(Y/N) held a frown as well when the realization of what he had set in. ''Isn't that-" ''Yeah,'' he said, starting the engine before leaving the hotel. 

There was a known Hydra station up North. It would mess up whatever plan they had if they crossed paths. It didn't help that they were already still close to Romania. Going North seemed to do them no better of it. She was going to question him, but decided against it. 

It seemed that the irony of it all was funny to her in a way. She was sitting in the passengers' seat of one of her favorite cars. Well, really her only favorite car. One she wouldn't even let Sam drive. Her knees were brought to her chest as James drove. The only difference was Axel and the fact she wasn't handcuffed. 

It was strange. He was a dangerous man, assassin instincts and intuition running through his blood thanks to his time with Hydra and super serum. He could kill her at any moment and was mentally unstable if his activation words were spoken. 

And yet even with that fact alone, she was sure that we couldn't hurt her even like that. He'd been in his Winter Soldier state for a few months before he showed any remote signs of 1940s James Buchanan Barnes. 

His protective streak was strong in both consciousnesses. They treated her like glass, but make her feel wanted and useful nonetheless.

She was protective of him as well. Often, she'd wake up in the middle of the night to James or Winter when he'd relapse wondering why she was doing any of this. She could leave at any moment, and yet she could never find herself to do so. Something tugged at her to stay. 

"James?" (Y/N) asked when she woke up to him not in the bed, the sun not even shining through the blinds yet as he sat near the window. The woman with (H/C) hair looked over to him, eyes yellow under the moonlight. 

A grunt came from him, automatically telling her it wasn't the man from the 40s. She rubbed at her eyes, getting out fo the bed and walking over to him. 

''What's wrong?" she asked, resting her head on his shoulder. ''Memories?" she asked once more. In response, he shook his head, moving so he met her eyes. 

''Why are you still here?" he questioned. There it was. She was waiting for it. And yet, her eyebrows always furrowed when he did so. ''I don't know,'' she always said, a different response this time. 

She swore his eyes widened a second before they relaxed. ''You're lying,'' he said, pulling her against her chest. ''What is it?" he said rougher tone this time. (Y/N) sighed as she looked out the window. 

''Because I made a promise to you.''

The engine silently hummed as (Y/N) glanced over James whose eyes were focused on the road ahead of him. Baby blues with pupils dilating slightly when he noticed her staring at him. 

(Y/N) hummed, interlacing her right hand with his left one as he used the other to steer. Though it was his flesh hand, it was still cold, a contrast to her warm hand. He looked over at her fully for a second before he smirked. 

''That touch-starved of me already?" he asked, but he rubbed the back of her hand with his thumb, tightening his grip on her slightly. 

''Cuddle session we get stop to rest?" she asked, looking at the rearview mirror to see Axel and Nico bundled up together. ''Please?"

''I don't see why not,'' he responded. ''Any particular reason why?" he questioned. (Y/N) shook her head even if she knew he was looking at her or not. ''Nah,'' she answered. 

''We need to buy Axel a collar, don't you think?''

''What collar?''

''I was thinking Navy blue. Or baby blue.''

''Sounds fine.''

''I wonder what you'll look like tied up in black..''

''(Y/N)!''

''What?''

''Don't look at me like that.''

''Whatever do you mean?"

⊱ ──── 《∘◦●◦∘》 ──── ⊰
babybluejeans©️

⊱ ──── 《∘◦●◦∘》 ──── ⊰babybluejeans©️