5

ᴮˡᵒᵒᵈ ˢᵗⁱˡˡ ˢᵗᵃⁱⁿˢ ʷʰᵉⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ˢʰᵉᵉᵗˢ ᵃʳᵉ ʷᵃˢʰᵉᵈˢᵉˣ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ˢˡᵉᵉᵖ ʷʰᵉⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗˢ ᵃʳᵉ ᵒᶠᶠᴷⁱᵈˢ ᵃʳᵉ ˢᵗⁱˡˡ ᵈᵉᵖʳᵉˢˢᵉᵈ ʷʰᵉⁿ ʸᵒᵘ ᵈʳᵉˢˢ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᵘᵖᴬⁿᵈ ˢʸʳᵘᵖ ⁱˢ ˢᵗⁱˡˡ ˢʸʳᵘᵖ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ˢⁱᵖᵖʸ ᶜᵘᵖ

ˢᵉˣ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ˢˡᵉᵉᵖ ʷʰᵉⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗˢ ᵃʳᵉ ᵒᶠᶠ
ᴷⁱᵈˢ ᵃʳᵉ ˢᵗⁱˡˡ ᵈᵉᵖʳᵉˢˢᵉᵈ ʷʰᵉⁿ ʸᵒᵘ ᵈʳᵉˢˢ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᵘᵖ
ᴬⁿᵈ ˢʸʳᵘᵖ ⁱˢ ˢᵗⁱˡˡ ˢʸʳᵘᵖ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ˢⁱᵖᵖʸ ᶜᵘᵖ

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Despite the pain that still rested on her neck, (Y/N) brought herself out of the makeshift bed that she was in.

Fury and Hill now accompanied the four of them. The director sat in a chair, one of his arms resting in a sling. Though the silence in the room was laced with high tension.

''There you are,'' Natasha said. "Thanks for not dying on us, принцесса (1),'' she commented with her arms close to her body.

(Y/N) smiled softly at the pet name. ''Same foes for you, моя любовь (2),'' she returned with a wink. She missed how Natasha's face flushed slightly.

The woman's eyes went back to the director. He held a piece of paper in his hands, though the way he was holding and looking at it, it was probably a photo.

''This man declined the Noble Peace Prize. He said peace wasn't an achievement, it was a responsibility,'' Fury said, tossing the photo of Pierce down on the table.

''See, it's stuff like this that gives me trust issues.'' Amen to that, man, (Y/N) thought, shrugging her shoulders in a respectful way to agree with Fury.

''You have to stop the launch,'' Natasha told him, looking towards Steve for a moment before looking back towards Fury.

He let out a small huff. ''I don't think the council's accepting my calls anymore,'' said Fury, opening the black suitcase that was in front of him.

''What's that?" (Y/N) asked, taking a step closer to see what was in it. Hill turned a laptop towards them as she began speaking.

"Once the helicarriers reach three thousand feet, they'll triangulate within sight satellites, becoming fully weaponize,'' she told all of them.

"We need to breach those carriers and replace their targeting blades with our own,'' Fury said, motioning to the suitcase within his reach.

''One or two won't cut it. We need to link all three carriers for this to work because if one of those ships remain operational, a whole lot of people are going to die,'' Hill said, a flash of sadness evident on her face.

''We have to assume everyone aboard those carriers is Hydra. To get past them, insert these server blades and maybe, just maybe, we can salvage what's-''

Steve stepped forward, eyebrows furrowed. ''We're not salvaging anything. We're not just taking down the carriers, we're taking down SHIELD,'' he said, interrupting Fury.