32

ᴬˡˡ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᵇⁱᵗᶜʰᵉˢ ʰᵃᵗⁱⁿᵍ ᴵ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵐᵉᴬˡˡ ᵒᶠ ᵐʸ ⁿⁱᵍᵍᵃˢ ˢᵃʸⁱⁿ' ʸᵒᵘ ᵐᵃᵈ ᶜᵒᵐᵐⁱᵗᵗᵉᵈ

ᴬˡˡ ᵒᶠ ᵐʸ ⁿⁱᵍᵍᵃˢ ˢᵃʸⁱⁿ' ʸᵒᵘ ᵐᵃᵈ ᶜᵒᵐᵐⁱᵗᵗᵉᵈ

⊱ ──── 《∘◦●◦∘》 ──── ⊰

(Y/N) didn't notice how pretty Berlin was until now. However, she didn't think it would be in the backseat of the police car was where she would learn to admire it.

She was angry but was trying not to direct that at anyone but herself. She couldn't have protected James, knowing that if she hurt someone of his behalf, the guilt would eat him now, even so as he now.

And as much as she didn't want to direct her anger at anyone, she couldn't help but send it to the policeman. She was always one to keep her calm even under more pressured situations, but when they'd taken Nico, it was the first time the four of them had seen her lash out.

At the brief moment of Nico being separated from her, she hugged herself tighter. She'd not bother to sit in the same seat as Sam or Steve. She couldn't look them in the eye just now, so she sat next to the cat man. She swore he side-eyed her every once in a while.

''So, you like cats?''

''Sam,'' Steve said sternly like a dad talking to his disobedient child, making (Y/N) hold in a snort. Sam always had a reserved personal filter, and when it came to strangers, you never know what you were going to get from him. 

''What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat you don't wanna know more?" he snarked with a slight head tilt. He muttered something under his breath that (Y/N) couldn't quite make out, but nonetheless, she didn't care about it that much.

''Your suit... It's vibranium?" Steve asked his royal highness as the War Machine had said so earlier. The golden boy she knew's voice sounded different. Or maybe she was unfamiliar with it having it been a few months away. Had she really been gone for that long?

The man was a bit more hesitant to speak, but the way he held himself intrigued (Y/N), as did the necklace he wore. How did it even fit under his suit? Maybe he really was royalty. It would seem so, seeing how he held himself with high regard.

He narrowed his eyes sideways, but mainly towards Steve, but not that she minded the attention not on her for once. 

''The Blank Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle passed from warrior to warrior. And now, your friend murdered my father, I also mantle of king.

So, I ask you... as both warrior and king... how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?''

It went for a second before she was unable to hold back. (Y/N) snorted, followed by a small laugh that made the three of them look over at her. She was even sure that the driver and passenger looked back at her.