30

ᴮᵘᵗ ʳᵉᵃˡˡʸ ᴵ ʷᵒᵘˡᵈ ʳᵃᵗʰᵉʳ ᵇᵉ ᵃᵗ ʰᵒᵐᵉ ᵃˡˡ ᵇʸ ᵐʸˢᵉˡᶠ ᴺᵒᵗ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰⁱˢ ʳᵒᵒᵐᵂⁱᵗʰ ᵖᵉᵒᵖˡᵉ ʷʰᵒ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵉᵛᵉⁿ ᶜᵃʳᵉ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ᵐʸ ʷᵉˡˡ⁻ᵇᵉⁱⁿᵍ

ᴺᵒᵗ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰⁱˢ ʳᵒᵒᵐ
ᵂⁱᵗʰ ᵖᵉᵒᵖˡᵉ ʷʰᵒ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵉᵛᵉⁿ ᶜᵃʳᵉ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ᵐʸ ʷᵉˡˡ⁻ᵇᵉⁱⁿᵍ

⊱ ──── 《∘◦●◦∘》 ──── ⊰

''(Y/N)?"

The woman's head shot up from the dog she was playing with, brushing her hair out of her face, a small smile on her face when she turned to look at James.

''What's up?" she asked, ruffling Axel's fur with both of her hands on last time before standing up. She looked him up and down, talking in the outfit he wore before walking up to him with his gloves in her hands. 

''Going somewhere?" she questioned, handing him the pair of gloves. James nodded, taking them out of her hands and slipping them on. 

At his silence, she raised an eyebrow at him. ''What's going on in that mind of yours, huh?'' she asked, going over to the kitchen, James following behind her. ''You've been like this since I woke up,'' she stated, glancing over at the clock. 

The man rested his chin on the top of her head as he stood behind her, watching as she took out some vegetables to cut. A small grunt escaped from him.

''I don't want to leave you here all by yourself,'' he said lowly. (Y/N) smiled to herself softly at his words. ''Nico and Axel are here. And besides, I know how to take care of myself,'' she told him.

Another grunt came from James, a lower one indicating that he still didn't feel okay about the whole situation, causing (Y/N) to frown as she turned around. 

''How about you bring Nico along with you? If that makes you feel better,'' she noted, glancing over at the black feline who lad on top of Axel.

James hummed. ''Okay... I guess that works,'' he said, still slightly unsure, but was able to go through with it anyway. ''Stay safe, okay Sun?" he said, ruffling her hair. (Y/N) whined as she swatted his hands away and went to fix her hair, but was still smiling at James nonetheless as she nodded. 

''By the way, what's with the nickname?" she asked, placing Nico on the assassin's shoulder who whined to her softly. James shook his head. ''Nothing to worry about,'' he said.

(Y/N) hummed, shrugging her shoulders. ''Just don't get in trouble, you two,'' she said as she waved the tower off, Axel standing near the female. James nodded as both Nico and he left the apartment.

They could do this. 

☆↞↠☆

James stared at the two navy blue collars questioningly, face hidden slightly by the black hat he was wearing.