35

ᴰᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵇᵒᵗʰᵉʳ ˡᵒᵒᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵈᵒʷⁿᵂᵉ'ʳᵉ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵍᵒⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʷᵃʸᴬᵗ ˡᵉᵃˢᵗ ᴵ ᵏⁿᵒʷᴵ ᵃᵐ ʰᵉʳᵉ ᵗᵒ ˢᵗᵃʸ

ᵂᵉ'ʳᵉ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵍᵒⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʷᵃʸ
ᴬᵗ ˡᵉᵃˢᵗ ᴵ ᵏⁿᵒʷ
ᴵ ᵃᵐ ʰᵉʳᵉ ᵗᵒ ˢᵗᵃʸ

⊱ ──── 《∘◦●◦∘》 ──── ⊰

''What's going on?'' Tony asked Everett when James' evaluation had started, the multi-billionaire's eyes trained on the screens (Y/N) was on. 

FRIDAY had alerted him even before the Task Force's sensors had picked it up. (Y/N)'s anxiety spiking. Slowly, yes, but it was happening nonetheless.

The others in the room finally began to pick it up as she sprung out of her seat suddenly, making some of them flinch. She went up and down the room pacing, arms wrapped herself almost as if she was wearing a straitjacket.

And only every once in a while would she stop. When she would, she'd touch the earrings Christopher had heard her mention she'd bought back in Albania when they were leaving the country, pulling on them softly as she muttered something under her breath than none of the microphones in the cell could pick up. It went like for a while before she went back to pacing.

''Anxiety attack, maybe?" Christopher suggested aloud as he stared at (Y/N) and the signs when they were coming to play. ''Do you want me to go back in there and check on her?" he asked Ross.

The man shook his head, declining the request. It made some of the agents that worked on the computers behind and in front of him eyes widen at the low regard he held for (Y/N), some opening their mouths to speak, but nothing coming out as they went back to work and kept their mouths shut. 

Natasha and Tony both scowled at that, but it would seem that they couldn't have much say in the word of things when it came to the Task Force, especially after they signed the Accords.

''Focus on Barnes' evaluation,'' the grey-haired man said, furthering scowls and looks of disappointment but it was done anyway.

The words Christopher had said earlier were beginning to weigh on them. (Y/N)'s panic mode had led them to determine that exact reason.

 Christopher eyed the two Avengers, sending a sad small smile their way before looking back at the screens to (Y/N). In the little time that he had spent with the woman, he concluded a lot of things. And one thing he did conclude that she wasn't one to break easily, especially after all the things she'd been through. And he knew she'd gone through a lot. 

It was all in her eyes.

Something was about to happen. And it wasn't going to good.

☆↞↠☆

It was a blessing and a curse they had blessed on the two of them. And regrettably at the moment, (Y/N) was the only one between the two who knew what was.