3

ʸᵒᵘ ᵗᵃˡᵏ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʷᵃʸᴵᵗ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵐᵃᵏᵉ ᵐᵉ ᶠᵃⁱⁿᵗᴹᵃᵏᵉˢ ᵐᵉ ⁱⁿˢᵉᶜᵘʳᵉ ᴮᵘᵗ ᴵ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ˢᵒᵐᵉ ᵐᵒʳᵉ, ᴵ'ᵐ ˢᵘʳᵉ

ʸᵒᵘ ᵗᵃˡᵏ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʷᵃʸ
ᴵᵗ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵐᵃᵏᵉ ᵐᵉ ᶠᵃⁱⁿᵗ
ᴹᵃᵏᵉˢ ᵐᵉ ⁱⁿˢᵉᶜᵘʳᵉ
ᴮᵘᵗ ᴵ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ˢᵒᵐᵉ ᵐᵒʳᵉ, ᴵ'ᵐ ˢᵘʳᵉ

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

A groan escaped from (Y/N)'s mouth as she was welcomed by her blurry vision. Her neck throbbed with pain as someone placed their hand on her thigh.

''Welcome back princess. You worried us,'' (Y/N) heard Sam say as she moved upward, her eyesight finally evening out as she stared back at Sam.

There were in a car, she knew that. The familiar roar of the SUV's engine brought her to her sense. Her eyes gazed over the two people in black outfits with electric batons in their hands.

Her nose scrunched up at the smell of iron. (Y/N)'s attention was brought to Natasha who held her head back. Blood visibly oozed from her shoulder where she was shot. God knows what she would do when she saw the Soldier again.

(Y/n) opened her mouth to say something, but shouldn't bring herself to do so from the amount of pain she had in her neck. Her vocal cords were probably damaged.

''These girls need medical attention. If she doesn't get pressure on that wound, she'll bleed out,'' Sam protested with a glare.

(Y/N) didn't have much more time to focus on the conversation as the world around her seemed to darken, pulling her back into that numb, dark abyss.

☆↞↠☆

The light murmur of words from around (Y/N) woke her, causing her eyes to flutter open as footsteps left whatever room she was in.

The pain that once resided in her neck was now just a light pang. There was no doubt there was going to be a bruise on her neck when she looked in the mirror.

She was on a bed, she could tell. You know, one of those bad makeshift beds that you would find in a run-down hospital in a zombie apocalypse, but slightly better. She could tell because of the fabric that was underneath her.

Her (E/C) eyes were met with bright blue ones. A small groan of pain escaped from her lips as she leaned upward, but a small smile was plastered on her lips as she stared back at Steve.

''Hey, golden boy. How are you?" she asked, taking in his worried expression. He let out a dry chuckle as he stared down at his hands.

''You're asking me if I'm okay when you're the one who got choked?'' he asked, but it was obvious his question was rhetorical. The woman who sat beside him furrowed her eyebrows as she stared at him worriedly.

Who hurt him and who do I have to kill?

"You don't just hurt physically, Captain. What's going on in that head of yours?" (Y/N) asked, placing her hand on top of his. She was glad when he didn't remove his hand, but rather just accepted it.

Steve was silent while his face lacked any possible emotion that he was feeling at the moment. (Y/N) knew what it was like to also put on this bright, happy facade when you were around people, but to see them when their walls were down was heartbreaking.

''I saw him,'' he said after a long period of silence. He squeezed her hand tighter as his eyebrows furrowed. Steve's face was a mixture of confusion and pain. ''It was Bucky. I thought he died in the war. I mourned, (Y/N),'' he said quietly.

She ran her thumb over the backside of his hand. She knew Hydra were monsters, no doubt about that, but she never thought they would push this far. How could she not know Bucky though? He was the only Howling Commando to die while serving, not to mention he was best friends with Captain America.

''I... I can't say I know what you're going through because honestly, I don't have a damn clue. This is James Barnes for heaven's sake,'' she huffed. ''But I do know that you Captain fucking America. You can figure this out, I know you can,'' she said before looking back up at the blonde.

His face was flushed lightly. No doubt that's a blush, she thought. (Y/N) laughed softly as she looked down at her arms before wrapping them around his shoulders, comforting him the best she could.

Steve didn't say anything for a while, but he did wrap his arms around her waist, returning the hug. ''Thank you, (Y/N),'' he said quietly, his comment getting a hum to come from the woman he was holding.

''Don't worry. Right now we need you to get your Bucky-Boy back home, don't we?"

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙
𝙰𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚗𝙸𝚜𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝙽𝚘𝚘𝚋𝚜©️

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙𝙰𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚗𝙸𝚜𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝙽𝚘𝚘𝚋𝚜©️