17

ᴵ ˡᵃᵘᵍʰ ᵃˡᵒⁿᵍ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ⁿᵒᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ'ˢ ʷʳᵒⁿᵍ, ᶠᵒᵘʳ ᵈᵃʸˢ ʰᵃˢ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ᶠᵉˡᵗ ˢᵒ ˡᵒⁿᵍᴵᶠ ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ'ˢ ᵃ ᶜʳᵒʷᵈ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵗʷᵒ ʷᵃˢ ᵘˢ, ᵒⁿᵉ ˢˡⁱᵖᵖᵉᵈ ᵃʷᵃʸ

ᴵᶠ ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ'ˢ ᵃ ᶜʳᵒʷᵈ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵗʷᵒ ʷᵃˢ ᵘˢ, ᵒⁿᵉ ˢˡⁱᵖᵖᵉᵈ ᵃʷᵃʸ

⊱ ──── 《∘◦●◦∘》 ──── ⊰

It had been, what, three days since the Winter Soldier had taken her away from her? You know, as an introvert somewhat, she really wanted to go outside now. 

At this point, her consciousness battled with reality too much for her liking at the moment. The Soldier had saved her from certain doom from Hydra taking her away and using her as a weapon but became his prisoner in the process. 

A sigh escaped her lips at the thoughts running through her head. At the gentle gesture, the black feline that slept on her shoulder, nuzzling his fuzzy face in the crook of her neck, woke up. 

''I'm good, boy. You don't have to worry about me,'' she told Nico. She could've sworn she saw Nico rolled his eyes as if to say, ''You really think I would let you go that easy?"

She could tell that bruises had already formed around her wrist from the handcuffs. Every single time she made a movement, there would be a dull ache present, making her wince in pain at times. 

She eyed the door when she heard footsteps coming from down the hall. Sure, she'd lost her siren and enhanced strength abilities, but from her army days, hearing tiny noises were a natural and needed quality to have to you wanted to survive. 

One thing she learned and hated about the Soldier was that he was very tactical, skilled when he wanted things to go unnoticed. Yes, a stupid ability to despise, but it was being used against her. It bothered her. He randomized when he'd come to see her so she'd never get used to his schedule. 

Smart. 

It killed her (on the inside). She didn't know when he woke up nor when he went to sleep. If she was going to get out of here, alive at that, she'd need to figure out and know a crack in the way he did things. 

He walked in, the classic stone-faced expression on his face never seemed to waver. His eyes wandered until they landed on hers the minute he walked in. He did it every time. (Y/N) didn't know if she was supposed to be comfortable with it by now. Still, the meaningless action made her heart stagger as she brought her knees to her chest. 

That was fear, she consoled herself. 

(Y/N)'s eyes then snapped down to what he was holding in his hands. A plate. She didn't what was on it, no, but the thought of there being food there made her stomach growl. When was the last time she ate? At least she didn't have to worry about starving to death (for the time being). 

He sat down at the bed next to her. From the angle, she could see what was on the plate. It looked like a typical ham, cheese, and bacon croissant with a chocolate muffin on the side. On any other occasion, she would've gotten something else, but right now, it seemed like the best thing. 

(Y/N) eyed the food, then back to the soldier. She didn't have to worry about his drugging or poisoning it because he could've killed her ages ago. No, that wasn't it. ''You can't really expect me to eat this like this, right?'' The woman opened her palms. Maybe he wasn't smart enough to get the hint?

The soldier grunted. It was one of the only responses she got out of the man-soldier. That's what he was. She had to keep reminding her self of that. There is a difference. 

He held the croissant in his flesh hand near her mouth. (Y/N)'s widened. ''No,'' she hissed, glaring at him. ''I'm not a dog.'' The soldier glared back at her twice as hard. It made her gaze wavered because his eyes were always emotionless. It was like looking down a tunnel of death. 

''Eat, or you get nothing,'' his raspy, deep voice let out. It was almost as if he hadn't talked in years, and if he did, he consisted only of screams of agony. He gestured to the food to her once again. ''Eat.''

(Y/N) stared at the food in front of her. Begrudgingly, she opened her mouth, rolling her eyes in the process. As she took a bite, she swore she saw his lips upturn into a smirk for a second he put the food in her mouth. 

(Y/N) had to admit the feeling even though she hated it, but someone feeding her like this made her feel like a princess. Getting pampered. It had to be some sort of aftercare kink she was into. Not him. It couldn't be. 

A moan left her mouth at the taste of the food, causing the solider to still and stare at her like she was crazy. However, (Y/N) didn't care about embarrassing herself (too much) and let out a pleasurable sigh when she swallowed what was left in her throat. 

''Did you make this?" she asked absentmindedly, always one for conversation. Despite behind handcuff to a bed, she inched closer. '''This is absolutely delicious. You have to feed be some more, please?''

Winter continued to stare at her like she was crazy and that's when the reality gears and her head started turning. This was her kidnapper. An assassin who was being hunted both by SHIELD and Hydra. She was smiling at him, acting like he was a normal person. Someone who wanted to pamper her. 

Her smile fell just as fast as it was on her face. She needed to get out of her. It could be her downfall if she allowed someone to get close to her. 

''Thanks,'' she said, backing away. The soldier tilted his head slightly, almost what a lost puppy would do before he grunted and up and left to room. 

Nico walked onto (Y/N)'s lap as she threw her head back. Leaning up as much as she could, she looked at her cat. Was he confused? Worried? At this point, she didn't care. It wasn't important. 

She had to promise herself that she wouldn't get close to the enemy. 

⊱ ──── 《∘◦●◦∘》 ──── ⊰
𝙰𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚗𝙸𝚜𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝙽𝚘𝚘𝚋𝚜©️

⊱ ──── 《∘◦●◦∘》 ──── ⊰𝙰𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚗𝙸𝚜𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝙽𝚘𝚘𝚋𝚜©️