13

ᴵ'ᵐ ᵃˡʷᵃʸˢ ˢᵃᵈ ᵃⁿᵈ ᴵ'ᵐ ᵃˡʷᵃʸˢ ˡᵒⁿᵉˡʸᴮᵘᵗ ᴵ ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ᵗᵉˡˡ ʸᵒᵘ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᴵ'ᵐ ᵇʳᵉᵃᵏⁱⁿᵍ ˢˡᵒʷˡʸ ᶜˡᵒˢᵉᵈ ᵈᵒᵒʳˢ, ˡᵒᶜᵏᵉᵈ ⁱⁿ, ⁿᵒ ᵏᵉʸˢᴷᵉᵉᵖⁱⁿᵍ ᵐʸ ᶠᵉᵉˡⁱⁿᵍˢ ʰⁱᵈᵈᵉⁿ, ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ ⁱˢ ⁿᵒ ᵉᵃˢᵉ

ᴮᵘᵗ ᴵ ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ᵗᵉˡˡ ʸᵒᵘ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᴵ'ᵐ ᵇʳᵉᵃᵏⁱⁿᵍ ˢˡᵒʷˡʸ
ᶜˡᵒˢᵉᵈ ᵈᵒᵒʳˢ, ˡᵒᶜᵏᵉᵈ ⁱⁿ, ⁿᵒ ᵏᵉʸˢ
ᴷᵉᵉᵖⁱⁿᵍ ᵐʸ ᶠᵉᵉˡⁱⁿᵍˢ ʰⁱᵈᵈᵉⁿ, ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ ⁱˢ ⁿᵒ ᵉᵃˢᵉ

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

''Steve's a Dorito.''

Everyone's eyes snapped onto (Y/N) who was on a cushioned seat next to them, holding a phone in her hands while Nico laid next to her quietly.

''What?" Steve asked, confused. (Y/N) raised an eyebrow at him. Had none of them noticed that before? ''They way your shoulders are. It's true,'' she answered with a shrug.

(Y/n) turned her attention back to her phone, scrolling through Tumblr for memes like she usually did every Friday. The only difference was that a team of superheroes was next to her.

Pietro looked a Steve for a quick second before a laugh escaped from him as he saw the resemblance. (Y/N) smirked.

Nico started rubbing his head against his owner's clothed thigh, trying to get her attention. To satisfy him, she scratched under his chin, causing him to purr at the action.

Thor stared at the interaction between (Y/N) and the black cat with the spiked color intently. Nico's piercing green eyes opened, staring back into Thor's blue orbs.

Nico even seemed to glare at Thor, hissing lowly at the thunder god. Thor was about the stand-up, but there was a knock at the front door.

''It'll get it,'' (Y/N) said, standing up. Following her and what she did, Nico latched onto the woman's shoulder, looking behind him to glare at Thor more.

(Y/N) yawned, mainly because of her lack of sleep, before opening the door. Her eyes widened upon the sight of Director Fury and Maria Hil standing next to him/.

''Fury, Hill,'' (Y/N) greeted with a head not before letting the two members of SHIELD inside her home. The Avengers tenses, fixing their posture in the seats they were seated in.

''You guys seem to be miserable and lost,'' Fury said to the team. (Y/N) internally frowned. Had they not told Fury where they were?

"Clint was injured. He would've died if they hadn't stopped here. He's just resting now,'' (Y/N) said. The lie fell from her lips so easily. She could even feel the others questioning her about why she was defending them, but they didn't say anything.

''Tea?" she asked, having gone near the kitchen. Both of them politely declined the offer. Fury turned back to the team.

''I need you all at HQ by tomorrow. There's a new mission with Hydra that we need all of you on,'' Fury told them.