4

ᵂʰʸ ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ʷᵉ ˡᵃᵘᵍʰ ⁿᵒʷ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ʷᵉ ᵈⁱᵈ ᵗʰᵉⁿ?ᴴᵒʷ ᶜᵒᵐᵉ ᴵ ˢᵉᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵃᶜʰᵉ ⁱⁿˢᵗᵉᵃᵈ? ᴴᵒʷ ᶜᵒᵐᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵒⁿˡʸ ˡᵒᵒᵏ ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉᵈ ⁱⁿ ᵇᵉᵈ? ᴸᵉᵗ'ˢ ᶜˡⁱᵐᵇ ᵗʰᵉ ᶜˡⁱᶠᶠ ᵉᵈᵍᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ʲᵘⁿᵖ ᵃᵍᵃⁱⁿ

ᴴᵒʷ ᶜᵒᵐᵉ ᴵ ˢᵉᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵃᶜʰᵉ ⁱⁿˢᵗᵉᵃᵈ?
ᴴᵒʷ ᶜᵒᵐᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵒⁿˡʸ ˡᵒᵒᵏ ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉᵈ ⁱⁿ ᵇᵉᵈ?
ᴸᵉᵗ'ˢ ᶜˡⁱᵐᵇ ᵗʰᵉ ᶜˡⁱᶠᶠ ᵉᵈᵍᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ʲᵘⁿᵖ ᵃᵍᵃⁱⁿ

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

James sat in the metal chair, doctors around him and making a few adjustments to his metal arm.

Suddenly, the man who was working on his arm was swung into a wall which was followed by a grunt. From the sudden, and violent movement to come from James, all guns were trained on Barnes.

Footsteps were heard from down the hall as they approached the room. The gate that the Winter Soldier was kept in by opened as Alexander Pierce walked in, dominant and dark power radiating off of him.

The guns that were trained on the soldier were lowered by a hand gesture from Pierce, but that didn't stop them from keeping the guns ready if there was a planned attack.

''Mission report,'' Pierce said sternly. Instead of getting a response back, he was met with a blank look with the man with the metal arm. ''Mission report, now,'' Pierce repeated, his tone laced with more anger.

When he didn't get a response from him, a sickening sound of a slap echoed around the room. As the solider in the chair went back to his original posture, he didn't seem fazed by it but rather used to it. His eyebrows furrowed as he looked up at Pierce.

''The man on the bridge...'' he said lowly, ''who was he?" James asked the man in the grey suit. ''You met him earlier this week on another assignment,'' Pierce told him, but he was a bit hesitant.

The expression that was displayed on James' face didn't faze the men in the room, as they were all heartless, but if somewhere were to him now, it wouldn't be a look of fear. No, it would be sadness, anger, and worries poured onto them for the poor man.

''Who was the woman? She... she knew me,'' he told Pierce, eyebrows furrowing even more.

''Я не буду делать ничего подобного, Солдат.''

James knew her. He couldn't remember where or when, but he knew her. Probably before he got wiped for the many times he did. When he choked her, he knew he should've put a bullet through her skull, but he couldn't bring himself to do it.

''I knew them,'' he said. From his statement alone, Pierce sat down in front of him. A look of disappointment plastered amongst his face.

''You work has been a gift to mankind. You shaped the century,'' he said, ignoring the glare the Barnes shot at him. ''And I need you to do it one more time.''

Adjusting where he sat, he turned to face James completely. ''Society is at a tipping point between order and chaos. Tomorrow morning, we're going to give it a push,'' he said, amusement hidden behind his words as he held back a smile.

''But if you can't do your part, I can't do mine. Hydra can't give the world the freedom it deserves.''

Jame's face looked strained, confused, angry, and hurt. ''But I knew him. I knew her. Why do I know her?" he asked, but it was a question towards himself. His voice almost came out as a cry.

The disappointed look on his Pierce's face didn't go away. Instead, he stood up from the stool he was sitting on.

''Prep him,'' he said with hesitation, but rather harshly. A doctor came forward worriedly. ''He's been out a cryo freeze for too long,'' he protested.

''Then wipe him, and start over!'' Pierce hissed, walking out of the room with agents, including Rumlow, following behind him.

The screams of James' not lowering at all, nor cared for.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙
𝙰𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚗𝙸𝚜𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝙽𝚘𝚘𝚋𝚜©

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙𝙰𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚗𝙸𝚜𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝙽𝚘𝚘𝚋𝚜©️