Before You Tell Her

Chaeyoung noticed that Lisa was still a little spaced out during lunch. She still wouldn't tell her the reason why, which was starting to annoy her.

"Lisa."

"Hmm?"

"What's the matter?"

"Nothing."

Chaeyoung sighed. She decided to get right to the point and ask her directly about what was on her mind on why she was being like this.

"This is about Jennie isn't it?"

Lisa's eyes grew wide, but then her brows furrowed again.

"Lisa, I'm not some stranger, I am your best friend. Talk to me."

Lisa sighed "I think Jen likes another person." She mumbled.

"Who is it?"

"You wouldn't believe me."

"Try me."

Lisa inhaled deeply. "I think it's Jisoo."

Chaeng cocked an eyebrow "What?"

"See, I told you that you wouldn't believe it."

Chaeng rolled her eyes. "It's not that I don't believe you, but what makes you so sure about that? They aren't even friends. Jennie also likes to keep out of trouble."

"I saw them talking earlier, actually it looked like Jennie was really into her or something. All of this happened before you arrived."

"Oh?"

"Yep, and Jennie was acting all cute and flustered, it was weird. Maybe Jisoo made a move on her? Probably thinking that she's a challenge she can conquer?"

"Well...maybe you're just looking into it too much. Maybe it was just a harmless conversation. Perhaps Jennie was not comfortable talking to her?"

"She looked pretty comfortable to me."

"Lisa, this is Jennie we are talking about. Maybe you are just rushing into conclusions and being jealous over nothing."

"I dunno Chaeng, you weren't there. Plus, you know, Jisoo is known to collect girls here and there."

"And you don't?"

"Yeah, I used to. But I want to be serious with Jennie."

Chaeng's heart felt like it was pinched. She gave a rueful smile.

"I dunno, Jisoo doesn't seem to be like she's actually a bad person."

"And you know that how?"

"She's nice to me, I guess?"

"Wait she talked to you?"

"Yes?"

Lisa's eyes darkened.

"Chaeng, you better be careful, she might have plans for you too."

Chaeyoung scoffed, Lisa was being quite childish about this.

"I highly doubt that, besides I'm not some girl who just easily gives in to someone. You're being quite paranoid about all of this."

Lisa inhaled and looked down.

"I just...I just don't want her hurting you."

Chaeyoung's lips tugged up into a smile. Trust Lisa to do this to her.

"No ones hurting anybody, alright? Let's think this through first."

Lisa nodded, looking away towards another direction.