The Things I Hate About You

Jisoo was stressed.

She finally had her chance to hang out with Chaeyoung and they had fun talking to each other too.

It was a meeting of destiny, of stars colliding, of a love story waiting to happen!

Well, they did almost collide, and thank God it never happened, or their love story would end in tragedy.

But they survived, and that was the important thing!

Fate was finally smiling down upon her.

But despite this happy development, something else was bothering her.

She noticed lately that her thoughts always drifted back to Jennie. It was like the mandu decided to cling inside of her brain as well.

While talking to Chaeng, she was thinking about what she was doing. If she should message her and maybe ask her to hang out later after their talk with Chaeyoung.

But then, without warning, the mandu had messaged her out of nowhere.

When she viewed it, she was taken by surprise. She had not expected this to happen at all.

It read:

I don't mind you hanging out with my friends, it's totally fine. What's not fine is you lying to me about it when you can just be honest with me. Are you enjoying your time with Chaeyoung now?

Once she finished reading the message, she knew at once that Jennie was inside the diner.

When she had finally spotted the girl and locked gazes with her, she could see the look of pain and betrayal in her eyes.

At that moment, even though she knew she didn't do anything wrong, the fact that she was the cause of that somehow made her feel guilty.

The truth was, she was going to visit her brother today, but when she had an almost accident earlier on the road, she decided it would be fine to check up on him tomorrow and make sure Chae was sent home safely.

She normally went there around Friday, Saturday or Sunday, so it wasn't really a sudden change of schedule.

She had informed Jennie earlier that she had other important stuff to do, and now this happened.

Jennie had thought she had lied to her.

She sat there, frozen until Chaeng broke her trance.

"Jisoo, go!" she says urgently.

"R-right!"

She stood up immediately and ran after her.

"Jendeukie, wait!"

Jennie had disappeared out the door without a second glance, and once Jisoo was outside, she didn't know which way she went.

Chaeng caught up to her a few seconds later.

"Dammit, that midget moves fast!"

"Jisoo, what happened?"

She swallowed the lump that was starting to form in her throat.

"She thought I was lying to her about why I couldn't go out with her tonight."

Chaeng started to look as stressed as her.

"That means there's a possibility that she's thinking I lied to her too."

"What?"

Chaeyoung sighed. "She also asked me earlier if I wanted to hang out and I told her I had other plans. We need to find her right away so we can explain to her what had happened."