The Sickness and the Cure

A/N: I was so happy when Sour Candy came out! The song is such a bop and it has been so long since we've heard new music from them. Big thanks to Lady Gaga for this collab! Let's hope that YG keeps their word and releases their promised single this June, as well as their full album and Rosé's solo on September. The girls deserves it so much.

Also wow, 10k reads! I never really expected it but thank you once again for the support guys! Don't worry, we're almost there so hang in there for me alright? The finish line is almost in sight! For now, let's continue supporting our girls!

**************************************

Jennie pouted as she read Irene's message on her phone. Apparently, she couldn't walk with her home as she had an emergency meeting with the student council regarding the upcoming pep rally. Soccer season was about tonstart after all.

When she closed her best friend's message, her eyes then drifted towards the unread messages she had with Jisoo.

The older girl had been trying to reach her for the past few days since she suddenly left her house without any explanation.

She had been itching to respond to them, she couldn't deny she missed spending time with her, and she knew she was being unfair to her since she was trying to avoid her as best as she could.

However, the part of her that was scared about her feelings and what it could mean won her over.

Plus the fact that she had discovered who she really was.

She couldn't let herself fall for Jisoo, especially when she felt that she might not really take her seriously.

This is better, right Jennie?

She grimaced. She knew avoiding problems would only make matters worse in the long run, but right now, she didn't want to deal with this.

She decided to start making her way home.

While Jennie was walking, she began to think about everything that had happened. It did stress her out a bit but there was nothing she could do. Too absorbed in her own thoughts, she wasn't aware of the person standing in front of her, until finally she bumped into them.

She looked up and her heart jumped at the sight of that annoying smirk she was trying to avoid for the past week.

Jisoo was standing in front of her, hands inside her black skinny jeans, her red shirt making her skin glow more than usual.

Her raven hair was a bit disheveled, but not in a bad way. You know that look when you just got out of bed? It was kinda like that, but the thing was, she looked so good in it.

It was ridiculous to Jennie how utterly gorgeous she was.

She swallowed hard, aware of how flustered she was at her presence.

"Hey Jendeuk."

"Hey Jisoo."

"How have you been?"

"I'm fine." she said, holding on tightly to the strap of her backpack.

She breathed in, "Anyway, it was nice seeing you. I'm sorry, I need to go."

She started walking, but then she felt Jisoo tug at her wrist gently, and she couldn't help but stop and turn towards her, avoiding eye contact at all costs.

"Jenduek..."

"What?"

"Are you still mad at me?"

"No."

"Then why are you avoiding me?"

Jennie pouted.