10 Step Forward

Coach Sasabe ^^ going to put pictures of characters incase you forgot. Even in this anime you forget people's name so here you go.

2 weeks later~~

(Y/n) pov

It's been about 1 week since that practice when we found about Rei not being able to swim. Still his actual wanting to join the team with the help of us.

Still with the the new regimen were going for he might just be able to swim. So far he can float..

Anyway at this rate he has to learn how to swim in about 1 week any type of style.

Nagisa tried to help him in breaststroke but he doesn't get the hang of it.

Makoto tried with his backstroke but he just swam to the bottom. Now all that's left is to ask Haru.

"If you taught him maybe he'll get the hang of it-"

"Too much work" says Haru cutting me off.

I hit my notebook on the top of his head lightly "come on.."

As time passes with now only 5 days left , we're beginning to think if it's even possible at this point.

We even asked coach Sasabe but he was no help and pretty much made fun of Rei.

Finally Rei came to a conclusion and said-

"This speedo!" he points at it.

We all looked at each other and Nagisa observes him "your overreacting!"

"I am not!! Just feel the texture of this tacky material. I need the highest quality, I need a knew a new swimsuit!"

Even after a new swimsuit , it wasn't the problem. Then finally with two days left Haru decided to give it a try.

Haru is managing his best to teach him free style but I'm getting a whole different vibe on Rei.

As Rei tried to show us the results from his training it all ended the same.

Still after talking more to Haru he took a different approach.

1 day left~~

"Butterfly style!" soon we all watch in amazed as Rei swims a whole lap perfectly.

"Guess all he needed was to swim free.." I glance to Haru who looks away.

"I just told him what I told myself when I need a good swim" I then wrap my arm around him.

"Ah Haru!! Guess your hardwork payed off! I'll treat you with Mackerel" I say soon he turns around inches away from my face.

"You better not lie.." I shake my head and I raise my hand "honors code."

"(Y/n)!! Guess we can announce it!" says Gou holding a clip board.

I widen my eyes "right! Well.." I stand up next to her "guys.. we have 48 days until the Prefectural Tournament. That means you all have to work harder than usual" I say in a serious tone.

"Yeah, we know you can swim but now there's relays, time trials ,100 medley, 200 medley. Which you all have to pick-"

"I only swim free" Haru says immediately.

Soon everyone begins to slightly laugh "I think we all got that.." Makoto says.

"Anyway how about we go over the plan for the next couple of weeks?" I say glancing to everyone.

Soon the countdown has begun and we work our way to victory in the Prefectural Tournament.

Days later~~