13. Supply

It's me again God,

The drought continues and as I consider this hot day ahead, I can't help feeling sorry for the plants in our garden! We have only given them a brief blast with the hose and very soon, that won't be permitted as dam levels continue to drop and there is no sign of significant rain on the forecast! I am so used to just turning on the tap and being able to enjoy the immediate and plentiful supply of fresh, life giving water! Our grass will continue to go brown as there's no way we can waste water on it. The car will be a dusty mess until it rains again and we will just have to be grateful for the water we have to drink and that our Shire has not been subject to devastating bushfires!

As I picture those dam levels dropping each day, I feel You reminding me that Your supply is never affected by prevailing conditions —it's always abundant! Paul was able to confidently say:

"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:19‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Your riches are far greater than anything I can imagine and this is a promise I will hold onto today. Your grace is always sufficient and Your love is never ending, so why should I have any doubt at all? Even when it appears that things look so incredibly difficult and could certainly not turn around, I am reminded that You can do more than what I can ask or imagine!

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭3:20-21‬ ‭NIV‬‬

You supply in areas so much deeper than just our physical need for food and water:

"Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness."
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭9:10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Lord I want that type of increase in my life! I know that in all things related to my needs, there is one very simple thing I need to remember: You must come first in my life! You know what I need —I don't need to worry because You will supply all my needs, while I am seeking Your Kingdom and righteousness:

"So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6:31-34‬ ‭NIV‬‬

When I think about this drought Lord, I imagine You are more concerned with the drought in people's hearts! Will they eventually realise their own barrenness as our land dries up and refuses to produce crops? Lord I pray for our nation, that hearts will turn to You as they cry out for water. Bring revival here and let it start with me. Restore, renew, regenerate as Your supply is abundantly poured out into eager hearts!

I thank You in advance and am ready to serve You in any way I can, so that many will come into Your Kingdom —to the place of continuous supply!

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.