25. Heading Home

It's me again God,

While heading home after our holiday, I suddenly realised that something I had purchased was the wrong size. We were at least half an hour into the journey but we decided it was important to go back to the store to make an exchange. On a previous holiday we also had to turn back and return after already heading for home because I had forgotten my iPad and phone chargers!

Today this made me think of something very serious —there will be no going back once I am heading home to Heaven to be with You! I won't be able to go back and change things or return because I forgot to say something to my loved ones or neighbours. Thank You for reminding me to live each day and make the most by living life to the full!

"...I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
‭‭John‬ ‭10:10‬b NIV

It really challenges me to enjoy everything You have given me and to make the most of every opportunity You have given me:

"Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone."
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭4:5-6‬ ‭NIV‬‬

One day, all that I have enjoyed and held onto will finally be left behind and I will be changed forever! I do look forward to it more than anything in this world!

"Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed."
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:51-52‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I am so blessed that You speak to me through simple life situations. So often on my travels, I make wrong turns and have to waste time back tracking to get to my destination. Help me not to waste time making wrong turns as I head home to be with You. I want to devote all of my life to living to bring glory to Your Name.

Also, as I travelled home from holidays, I occasionally found myself in the wrong lane and exclaimed, 'How did I get over here?' It's a scary feeling but can happen in life too! Lord I think of those in my family who are travelling on the wrong road or in the wrong lane right now. Please bring them safely back to You where they will be on track to spend eternity with You! May they fix their eyes on You!

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭12:1-3‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Help me to never lose heart,

Until I meet You face to face,

Amen.