24. Journeys

It's me again God,

I am so thankful that when I set out on any journey, You are there with me, keeping me safe and blessing me each step along the way:

""The Lord will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭121:7-8‬ NIV

Father, You were there as a young couple set out on a journey to Bethlehem so many years ago! Nothing about that journey took You by surprise —it had all been planned that way from the beginning! You were there, keeping them safe, ready for the most pivotal point in all of history!

"In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. (This was the first census that took place while Quirinius was governor of Syria.) And everyone went to their own town to register. So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them."
‭‭Luke‬ ‭2:1-7‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Travelling at the time when her baby was to be born, may have seemed inconvenient or even risky but You had everything in hand! Mary and Joseph may have been a long way from home but their journey led them to Bethlehem. How special it was that Jesus was born in the town of David, fulfilling prophecy from long ago:

""But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.""
‭‭Micah‬ ‭5:2‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Mary could have gone into labour any time along the way but this reminds me that Your timing is always perfect! My journeys in life take me to many places but when I trust You, I can be sure You will lead me to be in the right place at the right time to fulfil Your purposes.

Lord take me and use me as I journey through life. May I be able to bring You glory and honour in all things. I am Your servant and I seek to tell of the wonderful journey of that first Christmas. Thank You for the peace and joy that it brought as the most wonderful gift was given!

I praise You Jesus —I am truly blessed that You came!
Amen.