49. Strength for the Weary

It's me again God,

I'm grateful for this time to just seek You amid the chaos of ever changing restrictions and devastating news that is impacting my world. It seems to be creating in me a weariness as one day rolls into another with no good news on the horizon.

The burden of financial hardship looms like a dark cloud threatening to overcome me. I wonder, does anyone understand how I feel? Does anyone really care? Everyone else has their own set of circumstances and problems brought on by this crisis and are trying to deal with their own situation.

Last night my husband and I went out onto our balcony to look at a plane flying through the night sky, knowing that we won't be seeing or hearing many of them for much longer! Feeling sad, we were unexpectedly distracted by the clarity of the sky and the vast array of stars that we were able to view. It reminded me that there is One greater than all the problems we are facing —One who possesses power and strength to create such a perfect universe!

"Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens:
Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host
one by one and calls forth each of them by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength,
not one of them is missing."
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:26‬ ‭NIV‬‬

How blessed I am to know You, the Creator and Sustainer of all! You know everything about this world and it's people —nothing escapes Your attention for You are a God of details!

"Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:28-31‬ ‭NIV‬‬

What beautiful words! Thank You for the reminder that You are everlasting —You were here before life on earth began and You will always be here! I am so grateful that You don't get tired or weary and You are the One I can turn to as You have the most unfathomable understanding!

More than this, Your Word reminds me that You give strength to the weary and increase the power of the weak. This is truly a miraculous expectation but You are a God of miracles and so I come and ask for Your provision in this way today.

Lord I put my hope in You! I confidently expect that my strength will be renewed! I so look forward to rising up and soaring like an eagle! The effects of this pandemic are going to seem like a huge thing to rise above but I believe that because of You, I won't become weary or faint!

My eyes are on You Lord, as I soar through this day!
In Jesus' Name,
Amen.