41. My Help Comes From the Lord

It's me again God,

When I went out for a walk with my granddaughter early yesterday morning, everything looked so beautiful and the initial coolness of early Autumn seemed to encourage me to go for a longer walk than usual. It's always lovely going down hill —everywhere from my home is downhill!

There were so many lovely things to point out to my granddaughter along the way. We had a great time admiring flowers, listening to birds and watching dogs being taken for walks.

The only issue was that as I walked, it became warmer and when I needed to head home, it required that I push the pram uphill all the way! I didn't feel like my body had energy to do it so I really needed to ask You for help! I was so glad that You were there for me!

By the last 100m stretch, I was lamenting the fact that we live at the top of a hill, when I heard you reminding me of all the benefits of the hill. Without the elevated position, we wouldn't have such a great view or be able to catch the breeze so well! Each step was challenging but with Your encouragement, I could do it! Before I knew it, I was back at our front door! I was glad that the hill (just like other difficulties in life) made me trust You instead of my own resources!

"I will lift up my eyes to the hills— From whence comes my help? My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel Shall neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is your keeper; The LORD is your shade at your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, Nor the moon by night. The LORD shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul. The LORD shall preserve your going out and your coming in From this time forth, and even forevermore."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭121:1-8‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Please help me to remember that when difficulties come along that seem like an uphill battle, I can ask You to help me. You might not remove the problem, just like You don't remove hills but I can trust You to help me climb them! I also can be sure that You are watching over all my coming and going, not just today but forever!

"For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:13‬ ‭NLT‬‬

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.