52. Supply

It's me again God,

As another day begins, so many questions remain unanswered as we wait to hear more information on the lockdown of our city. The first thought I had was, do we have enough supplies to see us through this time? Will further restrictions quickly follow so I won't have access to the shops I rely on?

For weeks, demand on many items has affected supply right across our country. Seeing empty shelves at our local grocery stores, has left many feeling very uneasy as the suppliers can't keep up with demand! I am so thankful that the same is not true for Your supply! I can keep asking and You keep on supplying my needs around the clock! There is no point at which You will run out!

"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:19‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Here I can only imagine the amazing riches in glory that You possess! In Jesus I know that the supply is never going to experience any sort of interruption! I'm sure that right now You are filling my order according to previous prayers that have come from my heart.

Even when I have been too afraid and words did not come easily, Your Spirit interceded and converted my deepest desires into prayers. Thank You for reaching down and showing Your love for me and for all of Your provision. The amazing thing is that somehow, You know my needs even before I am aware of them because You know me so well!

"You have searched me, Lord, and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue you,
Lord, know it completely."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭139:1-4‬ ‭NIV‬‬

This is so reassuring, as is the next verse:

"You hem me in behind and before,
and you lay your hand upon me."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭139:5‬ ‭NIV‬‬

This gives me hope and peace for I don't know what today will bring. Each day seems to hold so many new, unexpected restrictions to life as I've known it. It's hard to take everything in but in all the uncertainty, I will continue to press on and remember that Your Hand is on me! I am not alone in the chaos and distress that is sweeping the world and none of this has taken You by surprise. I do not need to fear because:

"....all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭139:16‬b NIV‬‬

I commit to You this day You have given me, trusting in Your continued supply, loving others and shining Your light even though circumstances are difficult.

Bless our leaders with wisdom as they make decisions to keep us safe. Help the vulnerable in our community by stirring in others a generous heart. Bless those who are seriously ill at this time and please bring them healing in Jesus' mighty Name!

Amen.