28. The Most Indescribable Gift

It's me again God,

When all the guests have left, the gifts have been opened and the Christmas feasting is over, I can tend to feel a little sad! It's all over for another year! After the big build up to the day, all I am left with are the memories of interactions with relatives, various gifts and discarded wrapping paper, along with evidence that I have definitely over eaten!

How disappointing it would be if these were the only memories of the day that I would take into the new year! No, there was so much more as I celebrated Your most wonderful gift in sending Jesus to live amongst us! In a sense, the celebrations never stop for Christians! Every day I am thankful that You sent Your Son into the world to bring me new life!

"Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!"
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭9:15‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Yes indeed, Jesus is a gift that is so incredible, I can have trouble describing it! You are so generous, gracious and merciful in giving us Your own dear Son, to die on a cross so I could be free from sin! Thank You for giving me the greatest gift I will ever receive!

Lord, as I think of all the gift tags I read yesterday, I am reminded of the love they expressed from the giver.  Jesus came with so much love, that I am constantly amazed that You would have so much love for a sinner such as me!

"This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins."
‭‭1 John‬ ‭4:9-10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Surely this gives me reason to celebrate all year round! Even when I feel lonely and rejected by the world, I have the most wonderful gift in knowing Jesus as my personal Saviour! I also have Your presence with me at all times as You gave me Your Holy Spirit to live inside of me:

"Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:38‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You that I can have every reason to have peace, hope and joy as I clean up after our Christmas festivities. There is no need to feel sad that it's all over because I can keep opening the Spiritual Gifts You bless me with every day! I have my hands out ready to receive and more than that, I am ready to use my gifts to bring You glory!

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.