84. Identity

It's me again God,

Thank You for this new morning and this time alone with You. Our lifestyle is so different to what it was before the pandemic. Many feel they have lost their identity because they can't do what they did before. The elderly have suddenly lost their independence and can't get out to do their own shopping. Children can't do the usual extra curricular activities or spend time with friends. People feel distant and displaced, unconnected with family that they so desperately want to hold!

We all go through a very basic routine each day and then repeat BUT we don't lose heart because You are showing us in these difficult times, that our worth doesn't depend on what we do or have, or even who we hang out with, it depends on who we are in You. So a person could lose their job or house but still be okay because their identity is safely in You.

Thank You that I can be sure of who I am in Jesus because Your Word tells me!

"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!" 1 John‬ ‭3:1‬a NIV‬‬

Thank you for adopting me and making me Your child!

"But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God."
‭‭John‬ ‭1:12‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Lord, thank You that not even a world pandemic can change this fact! I am secure in my place in Your family. I have so much because of Jesus and celebrate the great blessings that are mine:

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding,"
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭1:3-8‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I rejoice that no matter what happens today, I am Your child, I've been chosen and adopted, I've been redeemed and forgiven of all of my sins and so I am righteous in Your sight!

"The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory."
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:16-17‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You too that I am now a co-heir with Christ and can look forward to the wonderful inheritance You have for me.

"For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians‬ ‭2:10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I am Your handiwork, knit together in my mother's womb by You! This makes me feel very special and valuable indeed! No matter what happens today, these things cannot change. I am greatly blessed because I am Your child!

Amen.